Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce. Mix the coffee, salt, paprika, peppers & cumin together and toast lightly in pan until fragrant (alternatively you can toast whole spices then grind). Mix the spices with the sugar to make the rub Mix the coffee, salt, paprika, peppers, and cumin together and toast lightly in pan until fragrant (alternatively you can toast whole spices then grind). It says: "Heat a cast iron pan until it's really really hot — a drop of water flicked into the pan should sizzle and bounce.
The other day I saw Chef Anne Burrell demonstrate this delicious way to serve thick and tender steak! The brown sugar in the dry rub gives the steak a crusty finish, while the smoked paprika and other spices keep it savory. See recipes for Fried crispy chicken with chocolate sauce too.. You can cook Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce
- It’s 1 large of rib eye steak 1-1.5".
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coffee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of hot red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of chocolate stout.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1 stick of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, yummy food. Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Put the steaks on a platter and brush one side with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle on half of the seasoned salt, lemon and pepper seasoning.
Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce step by step
- Mix the coffee, salt, paprika, peppers & cumin together and toast lightly in pan until fragrant (alternatively you can toast whole spices then grind). Mix the spices with the sugar to make the rub.
- Spread the rub all over the steak and let sit for awhile, if you do it the night before you'll have stronger flavor but if you do it right before serving it'll be good, too. (If you pre-rub and set it in the fridge, be sure to bring it up to room temperature before searing, so you do not shock the meat.).
- Heat a cast iron pan until it's really really hot — a drop of water flicked into the pan should sizzle and bounce. Add vegetable oil, wait a few seconds until the oil heats up, then place the steak in the pan. It should sizzle; leave it there, do not touch it at all for 3-4 minutes. It should be browning on the bottom. Then place it under a hot broiler and broil to medium rare or desired doneness..
- Remove the steak and let rest on a warm plate, cover with aluminum foil..
- Add the thyme sprig to the pan and let it saute a bit till it gets nice and fragrant. Pour in the chocolate stout and deglaze the pan. Add the beef broth, whisk together and reduce by half over medium heat..
- Remove the thyme sprig and whisk in the butter. Season to taste..
- Slice the steak on the bias and drizzle the sauce over top. This is YUMMY with creamed spinach and hash browns or baked potato and a nice big salad..
Recipe: Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce. Ground coffee, smoked paprika, cumin, ancho chile, and brown sugar form an earthy rub that hints at wood smoke. And we bet you'll look for any excuse to make the chocolate stout pan sauce for future meals. See more ideas about food, western food, recipes. Learn how to cook great Rib-eye with chocolate-spice sauce.
Foods That Can Make You Happy Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. Some foods actually do boost your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you battle depression. Just be sure that you don’t get rid of the egg yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–run better. Try consuming a few eggs to cheer up! Put together a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a fantastic protein source. Cold water fish are excellent if you would like to be in a better mood. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all rich in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you battle your depression. Grains can be excellent for overcoming a bad mood. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you feel better. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods as well. It’s easy to feel depressed when you are starving! These grains can help your mood elevate since it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your blood sugar which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually great for your mood. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps improve your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you become so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too! As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try these tips instead!