Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large soup kettle, brown beef in oil in batches. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, cayenne and remaining chili powder.
We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew Jump to: Recipe Weight Loss Tips Before you jump to Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy. This simple but hearty meal is made with hamburger, potatoes, green beans, and diced tomatoes cooked in a delicious broth. You can cook Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 lb of beef, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 28 oz of stewed tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 10 oz of condensed beef broth, undiluted.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 5 medium of red potatoes, diced.
- It’s 4 medium of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
Perfect for serving on those cold winter nights! Spoon the baked beans evenly over the mixture. In a skillet, brown beef well in oil. When cooked, transfer to a large Dutch oven and mix in garlic well.
Spicy Chuck – Wagon Stew instructions
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Add beef a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat..
- In a large soup kettle, brown beef in oil in batches. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, broth, cayenne and remaining chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Add corn and heat through..
- Add a thickening agent to achieve the desired thickness for your stew..
Add water, tomatoes, lemon, onions, salt, pepper, and sugar. What makes this stew different from a traditional stew is the addition of chili powder and red pepper flakes. It has a little spicy southwest flare! It's a thick and hearty stew that any cowboy would surely love. I only use the best beef in my stew, Certified Angus Beef.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. Some foods really do improve your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, you might be amazed to discover, are fantastic at fighting depression. Just be sure that you do not throw out the egg yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk especially, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to improve your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Consume an egg and jolly up! Put together a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein source. Cold water fish are excellent if you are wanting to feel happier. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you fight your depression. Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are terrific at helping you feel better. They help you feel full as well which can really help to make your mood better. Feeling starved can be awful! These grains can elevate your mood since it’s easy for your body to digest them. You digest these foods quicker than other things which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise. Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while also relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you feel healthier. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too! So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!