You can have Far Breton using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Far Breton
- Prepare 180 g of Prunes Pitted,.
- It’s 80 ml of Grand Marnier,.
- You need 500 ml of Whole Milk,.
- You need 15 g of Semolina,.
- It’s of Unsalted Butter, 60g + More For Greasing.
- Prepare 100 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need of Unbleached All Purpose Flour, 75g + More For Greasing.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs,.
- It’s 2 of Egg Yolks,.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
Far Breton instructions
- Soak prunes with Grand Marnier in a large bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside at room temperature for at least 24 hrs. *The prunes should expand and become plump.*.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add in the prunes and Grand Marnier. Using a hand torch, flambé the prunes. *Be very careful when doing this.*.
- Continue cooking until the alcohol has burnt off and the liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down. Once the prunes has cool down, cover with cling film and set aside at room temperature until ready to use..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add milk and butter. Once the butter has melted completely, remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, add flour, semolina, sugar and salt. Whisk until well combined..
- Add in eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Whisk to combine well. By now, the milk should comes to lukewarm temperature. Gradually, slowly, while still whisking, add in the milk mixture, 1/3 portion at a time..
- Continue whisking until everything is well incorporated. If there is any leftover liquid from the prunes, add in to the mixture as well. Using a hand mixer or an immersion blender, blitz the mixture for about 1 min. There should be lots of bubbles forming on the surface..
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge overnight. On baking day, preheat oven to 200 degree celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Sit the cake batter on the counter at room temperature at least 30 mins before baking. Grease a cake pan with butter..
- Line bottom with a parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with butter as well. Spoon about a TBSP of flour into the cake pan. Tap and roll to cover the pan with flour..
- Tap off any excess flour. Arrange the prunes nicely on the bottom of the cake pan. Gently ladle the batter into the cake pan covering the prunes entirely. *If the prunes start to float, gently press down to the bottom of the pan.*.
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 30 to 40 mins or until the sides are browned and the center is still soft. Rotate the pan on half way mark for even browning. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down for 2 hrs. Once cooled, the center will sink while the browned edge still holds it's shape..
- Run a knife along the edges to loosen the cake. Place a larger plate over the cake pan and confidently flip. Place serving plate over the cake and confidently flip again. Slice and serve. *The cake can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, but it is best served warm on baking day.*.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. Too many people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your worn out body for a new one. You should learn how to look after your health before it is too late. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Since people decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. By doing this, your immune system will easily fend off maladies. Your daily diet need to include at least a few of these super foods. To start, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you have to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a good diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.