Turai gravy marathi style. Dahi Turai Ki Sabzi Recipe (Ridge Gourd Simmered In Yogurt Curry Recipe) is a creamy gravy which has a yogurt as the base. Ridge gourd is added to lift up the flavor in the gravy. As it is rich in potassium and dietary fibers.
Ridge Gourd or Beerakaaya is a regular in most Indian kitchens and serves as a good source of nutrients and yumminess (when properly prepared). Ridge gourd is a low calorie, high fiber food and can satiate hunger and prevent binge eating on unhealthy food. Like many basic vegetable curries this recipe has it all. You can have Turai gravy marathi style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turai gravy marathi style
- You need 2 of Onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Roasted peanut powder.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dry coconut powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Curry leaves.
- It’s 1/2 kg of Turai(luffa acutangula) peel it and chop in circular shape.
- You need 1 pinch of hing / asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jeera/cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of haldi ( turmeric)powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dhaniya ( coriander)powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of oil.
Only difference is I add lemon & garam masala powder at the end to give it a more aromatic flavor. You can also add meat in it after frying the onions & cook the meat along with tomatoes & spices till it gets done. Then add courgettes & follow the rest of the recipe. Ridge Gourd is known as peerkangai in Tamil, beerakaya in Telugu and heerekai in Kannada.
Turai gravy marathi style step by step
- Firstly dry roast ginger garlic and dry coconut and keep it for cooling…later grind them all without adding water and keep it aside….later take an kadai and add to it three tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds(jeera) and mustard seeds(sarson)…after it splutters add onions to it and curry leaves to it..
- Now fry the onions and the curry leaves till their raw smell dissappears…after this you need to add the dried roasted and grinded powder which you had prepared in the first step…and mix all well.
- Now after all these gets mixed up very well at this point add to it one pinch of hing, half teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi), one teaspoon of red chilli powder, one teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder) and 1 teaspoon of garam masal….mix all the masalas very well and to it add the turai and mix it well by adding sufficient quantity of water…..
- After adding water to it let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes….closed with a lid…after that add the Roasted peanut powder to it and mix it well and to it add half cup of water as per ur consistency….
- Lastly let the turai boil for 5 minutes more and then top it with coriander leaves…ur delicious and tasty 😋turai is ready to serve……
Many of you would have made peerkangai poriyal (stir fry), peergankai chutney, ridge gourd dal, ridge gourd skin chutney but not many would have tried this ridge gourd masala or ridge gourd tomato sabji. It is not only easy to make but is also low in calories and is easily digestible. How to make Turai Moong Dal Recipe – Turia Mag Ni Dal. To begin making the Turai Moong Dal Recipe, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready. Add the moong dal in the pressure cooker along with salt and turmeric powder.
Learn How to Improve Your Mood with Food A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we need to keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, could improve your mood. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually terrific at dealing with depression. You need to be sure, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for lifting up your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try to eat an egg and feel better! Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all good for improving your mood. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which raises your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of it you have, the better you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein food source. Cold water fish are excellent if you wish to feel happier. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all high in omega-3s and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression. Some grains are actually wonderful for driving away bad moods. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are fantastic at helping you feel better. They help you feel full also which can actually help to improve your mood. Feeling hungry can truly bring you down! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are aware that green tea can help improve your mood too! As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!