Congee for the Instant Pot.
You can cook Congee for the Instant Pot using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Congee for the Instant Pot
- It’s 3/4 cup (173 g) of Jasmine rice (using standard 250 ml cup) (or white rice).
- Prepare 6.5-7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup).
- You need 5 of – 6 chicken drumsticks (or chicken thighs).
- It’s 1 of small onion finely chopped/diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced or puréed.
- Prepare of Garlic – 2 or more cloves minced.
- Prepare of Green onions for garnish.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 2-4 cups of shredded cabbage (SAVE THIS until the very end) this also can be optional.
- You need of Optional: serve with peanuts, crispy garlic, see notes below.
Congee for the Instant Pot step by step
- Rinse 173g (3/4 standard cup) of rice in the pot under cold water by gently scrubbing the rice with your fingertips in a circling motion. Pour out the milky water, and continue to rinse until water is clear. Drain well. Peel onion and run under cold water so that if the onion is sharp it will not sting your eyes as much when you dice it..
- Add finely chopped onion, minced ginger, minced garlic (I use a pampered chef to assist in my chopping as I am horrible with knives), 5-6 chicken drumsticks and 6.5 – 7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup) into the pot. Do not add salt at this point. (The ratio is 1 cup rice to 9 – 9.75 cups of water).
- Close the lid on the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Then do a Natural Release in the Instant Pot..
- Open the lid carefully. The congee will look watery at this point. At this point, you could add the optional 2-3 cups cabbage. Stir in the shredded cabbage – it will wilt down and cook enough from the residual heat in the pot..
- Heat up the pot (Instant Pot: press Sauté button), stir until desired thickness & consistency. Season with salt..
- If needed, use tongs and fork to separate the chicken meat from the bones (they literally fall off the bone) and remove the chicken bones and skin (if desired). It is better to use chicken or meat with the bone in for nutrients and flavour but it is not a deal breaker if you do not..
- Remove congee from heat and garnish with green onions. You can serve immediately. Please see notes for ideas of what to serve with congee..
- Notes You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350F oven or in a pot on the stovetop..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that numerous folks appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we are in. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Regrettably, almost all people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. Naturally, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you decided to eat nutritious foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. People are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Virtually all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these foods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any health condition. You need to have several superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Make sure you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. Green living equips you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.