Southwest Lasagna. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, olives, salt, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
Add salsa, cumin, half the garlic, and beans. Southwestern lasagna (enchilada casserole) is a comfort food dinner with ground beef, cheese and veggies layered between tortillas and baked to perfection. I've got another easy dinner idea for you today— Southwestern Lasagna, aka Enchilada Casserole. You can cook Southwest Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Lasagna
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 lb of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of vacuum packed corn.
- You need 1 packages of mexican fiesta chees.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 pints of salsa(any kind).
- It’s 1 can of sliced black olives.
It's cool and rainy here today, and I'm in the mood for some serious comfort food! Unlike regular lasagna which is layers of ricotta, bolognese and lasagna sheets, this Southwestern Lasagna is made up of layers of tortillas, Mexican cheeses and taco meat. Same concept but totally different flavor profile. It's basically a cheesy chicken Mexican lasagna and I am here for it.
Southwest Lasagna step by step
- Put both chorizo and ground beef in one large pot together an let cook until meat is done..
- once meat is cooked drain excess grease from meat. be sure not to run water through meat as it will rinse all existing seasoning found In the chorizo..
- Take a generous amount of tortillas and cut them In half this is what you are going to layer your lasagna with.
- pour a thin layer of salsa in the bottom of a lasagna pan and top with a layer of tortillas..
- next drain can of black beans and can of corn and mix together when drained pour it in as your next layer the again top with a layer of tortillas.
- combine meat mixture with enough salsa just to get it a bit easier to stick together. pour it in as the next layer and again top with layer of tortillas..
- Next take the entire container of cottage cheese and spread it out to cover all of your tortillas. top the cottage cheese with the entire bag of cheese and sprinkle sliced olives on top..
- Now that your finished bake the lasagna at 350 till cheese on top is brown. take out of oven and let cool.
- Ready to serve? This dish is excellent eaten as is but you can also top with sour cream guacamole or fresh salsa.
Add onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, basil and oregano. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Repeat the layering process two more times, finishing with a layer of cheese. Remove the foil and bake for an additional five minutes. This Southwestern Lasagna is a Mexican inspired casserole recipe that's the perfect potluck dish or dinner!
Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be really nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, you may be surprised to learn, are wonderful at combating depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–work better. Try eating some eggs to cheer up! Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all wonderful for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a great protein source. If you would like to fight depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all rich in omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you battle your depression. Some grains are really excellent for fighting off bad moods. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. These foods can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. Feeling hungry can be awful! These grains can improve your mood as it’s easy for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your blood glucose which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is fantastic for moods. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You knew that green tea helps you become healthier. Now you are aware that it helps you to elevate your moods also! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.