Pinwheel samosa. Pinwheel samosas Pinwheel samosa is an interesting dish that looks and tastes amazing. Check out the recipe for the pinwheel samosa. Puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is all you want!
Samosa Pinwheels is a slight alternation to the traditional Samosa and is as delicious as the traditional samosas and yet they are quite easy than the samosa as the outer cover making is not hard as samosas. The stuffing looks like pinwheel and also the each pinwheel is bite size and hence the name. Samosa pinwheels are great party treat. You can cook Pinwheel samosa using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pinwheel samosa
- It’s 4 of medium potatoes boiled peeled and roughly mashed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas boiled and drain.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- You need 1 tsp of geen chilli chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of mango powder.
- Prepare 1-1/4 tsp of salt, adjust to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cilantro finely chopped.
- Prepare For of dough-.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fine sooji.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cold water.
- Prepare Other of ingredients:.
- You need 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare as required of Oil to fry.
This is an interesting twist on the popular Indian snack samosas. They make a mouthwatering appetizer or can be served as a chaat. In a bowl,add all-purpose flour,salt,nigella seeds,carom seeds,cooking oil and mix well. In a small bowl,add red chilli powder,garam masala powder,salt,cumin powder,turmeric powder,chaat masala,mix well & set aside.
Pinwheel samosa step by step
- For Dough- Mix flour, salt, and oil. Add water as needed to make soft dough. Don’t knead the dough. Cover the dough with a samp cloth. Let it rest at least 15 minutes..
- For Filling- Squeeze the water from the green peas. Mix all the ingredients for filling: potatoes, cumin seeds, coriander, green chilli, mango powder, salt, and cilantro. Divide the filling into 2 parts and set aside..
- Making Pinwheels Mix the 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and ¼ cup water to make a thin batter. Set aside..
- Knead the dough for a minute before rolling. Divide dough into two equal parts and make them into patties and roll each one into about 11-inch diameter..
- Spread one part of the filling evenly over one of the rolled dough, slightly pressing. Roll the sheet gently, but firmly until you have a nice firm log..
- Use a little water to seal the end of the sheet firmly, roll the log gently 6-7 times this helps keeping together..
- With a sharp knife slice the both ends about 1 inch long then slice the log into ½ inch thick, this should make about 14 -16 pinwheels..
- Press each pinwheel lightly. Do the same with the second sheet, you will have about 30 pinwheels..
- Heat at least one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. To taste, put a small piece of dough into the oil; dough should sizzle and come up slowly, but not change colour..
- Fry the pinwheels in small batches. Dip them in the batter one at a time and drop them slowly into the hot oil..
- Fry the pinwheels until both sides are golden-brown, turning occasionally. Each batch will take three to four minutes to cook..
- Repeat this process until all the pinwheels are cooked..
- The crisp, delicious pinwheels are now ready to serve..
Pinwheels Samosa are great twist to most popular and most wanted Indian snack *SAMOSA*. Pinwheel samosa looks delicious and are a great appetizer for party. They are so delicious you may eat them just as they are or serve them with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup. Samosa Pinwheels or Aloo Bhakarwadi are a pleasant twist to the original Samosas. As their name suggests, these are snacks in the shape of a pinwheel filled with a spicy potato stuffing.
Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood A lot of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we have to avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that really can improve your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you fight depression. You should be sure, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks especially, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to improve your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try eating some eggs to feel better! Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel all the time. The more of this chemical in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not just that, nuts, specifically, are a fantastic source of protein. If you want to battle depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight depression. It’s not hard to fight your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are excellent at helping you feel happier. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. It’s not hard to feel a little bit off when you feel famished! These grains can elevate your mood as it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood sugar which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is truly excellent for your mood. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. And now you are aware that it can help raise your mood too! So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.