Enchiladas. Ground beef enchiladas in flour tortillas topped with spicy red sauce, cheese and fresh cilantro. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the canola oil and flour. Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
It is a simple recipe to put together and is easily customizable based on your tastes! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. These buffalo chicken enchiladas—filled with tender rotisserie chicken, lots of. Ree Drummond's saucy enchiladas live up to their name: they're simple and perfect and can feed a crowd of cowboys. You can cook Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Enchiladas
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of top blade steak or ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 medium of onions, diced.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce, 15 ounce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 10 of to 12 six inch corn tortillas.
You'll need red enchilada sauce and chicken broth to make the sauce, a pound of. This easy recipe for Tex-Mex cheese enchiladas is a family favorite! Just lightly fry corn tortillas, roll them up with Jack or cheddar cheese, cover with a tomato and green chile sauce, more cheese, and bake. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Preparing the fillings for enchiladas is a two-step process: Cook the rice, then use it to create the beefy filling.
- cut center strip of grissle out of each steak.
- pat each steak with paper towels then sprinkle with salt.
- heat oil over medium high heat in large pot until shimmering, cook steak until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- remove meat from pot and add onions.
- reduce heat to medium and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- while onions are cooking, combine garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, sugar and one teaspoon salt in small food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixed well.
- add garlic mixture to onions and cook about 1 minute.
- add tomato sauce and water and bring to boil.
- reduce heat, return meat and any drippings back to pot, cover and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- if using ground beef, follow the same procedure, but only simmer for 15 minutes. Ground beef will absorb liquid so increase water to 1 3/4 cups..
- preheat oven to 350 and make sure rack is in the middle position.
- strain sauce mixture over medium bowl to extract as much sauce from the meat as possible.
- use forks to completely shred beef, then mix in 1 cup cheese and cilantro.
- spread enough sauce to cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- heat tortillas in microwave for 1 minute.
- spread 1/3 cup beef mixture in center of each tortilla and roll tightly.
- repeat process until all the filling has been used.
- pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- sprinkle remaining cheese over top, then cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese browns.
Start by preparing the rice mix according to the package directions. While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the beef until it's no longer pink. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and flour and whisk together to make a paste, cooking for one minute. Pour in the red sauce, chicken broth, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Foods That Can Make You Happy A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we need to avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. A number of foods honestly do raise your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, would you believe, are fantastic for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. Every time you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks especially, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for raising your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Try to eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given time. The higher your levels of serotonin, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a super protein source. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to combat depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight depression. Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you feel better. They help you feel full too which can really help to better your mood. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually good for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also! As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try these hints instead!