Easy Tortilla Bake. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. This tortilla bake is made using a combination of naturally low fat turkey, vegetables and beans for maximum flavour and goodness.
Top with ½ the beef mixture, ½ the cheese, ½ the green onion, mushrooms and red pepper. Layer the remaining ingredients again, ending with a sprinkle of cheese. Spread each warm tortilla with cream cheese and top with chiles. You can have Easy Tortilla Bake using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Tortilla Bake
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, diced (i added extra clove i like garlic).
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes with herbs and spices.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green sauce (the bottle said Mexican green sauce, can sub enchilada sauce or salsa).
- It’s 1 cup of cheese, your choice (i used marble and can double amount).
- Prepare 10 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of green onion and/or cilantro for garnish.
Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top. Add a layer of half the tortillas on top of. Heat refried beans to make for easier spreading. This is an easy recipe to make and very good with some salsa.
Easy Tortilla Bake step by step
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic, pour off excess grease..
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Add taco seasoning, black beans (I half drained it) and undrained tomatoes to beef, stir and simmer for a few minutes..
- Meanwhile, mix soup, sour cream and green sauce together in a separate bowl and set aside..
- Spread a few tbsp of the green sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan to prevent tortillas from sticking..
- Tear corn tortillas into strips (I lightly fried the tortillas on a skillet in a couple tbsp of oil for 10 seconds per side but you can skip this step if you want) and place about half on the bottom of the pan in an even layer..
- Spread a layer of the beef mix on top of that..
- Pour the soup mix on top of the beef..
- Place remaining tortilla strips spread out on top of the soup layer..
- Add last layer of beef..
- Sprinkle cheese on top..
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes..
- Take out and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro, I used both! Hope u enjoy! :).
I used olive oil instead, but that was the only change I made. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Place tortillas to cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish (You can break the tortillas to cover the gaps). Top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat the above step (Add more tortillas, beef mixture and cheese).
Use Food to Boost Your Mood Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. Some foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, you may be surprised to discover, are fantastic at fighting depression. Just be sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you improve your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Consume an egg and cheer up! Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a great protein source. Cold water fish are good if you are wanting to feel better. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression. Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. These foods can help you feel full for longer as well, which can help your mood too. Feeling famished can be awful! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is truly great for your mood. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you be healthier. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to elevate your moods too! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Go with these suggestions instead!