Mike's Coctel de Camarones [mexican shrimp cocktail]. Great recipe for Mike's Coctel de Camarones [mexican shrimp cocktail]. Since most Mexican restaurants that serve shrimp cocktails on Sunday in our area are closed – my youngest students decided to make me some of their own. Coctel de camarones, a classic Mexican shrimp cocktail with shrimp, tomatoes, hot sauce, celery, onion, cucumber and avocados.
The end result is nothing short of a flavor blast for your senses. This recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail (coctel de camarones) is fresh shrimp tossed in a homemade sauce with red onion, avocado, cilantro and jalapeno. It's a light and refreshing appetizer that's perfect for any party! You can cook Mike's Coctel de Camarones [mexican shrimp cocktail] using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Coctel de Camarones [mexican shrimp cocktail]
- Prepare of ● For The Seafoods.
- Prepare 55-60 of LG Jumbo Shrimp [presteamed].
- It’s 1 of Small Bag Baby Scallops [presteamed].
- Prepare 12 oz of Immatation Crab Meat [presteamed].
- It’s 2 (8 oz) of Cans Clams [presteamed with all juices].
- You need of ● For The Vegetables Herbs & Fruits [all extra firm-small chop].
- You need 1 Cup of Vidalia Onions.
- It’s 2 Cups of EX Firm Roma Tomatoes [rough chopped].
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Red Onions.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Cucumbers.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Radishes.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Celery.
- Prepare 2 of EX LG Jalapeño Peppers.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Orange Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- You need 4 of LG Cloves Garlic [thin sliced].
- It’s 3 tbsp of Real Horseradish.
- You need 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Fluids & Juices.
- It’s 1 (64 oz) of Bottle Clamato Juice [we used about 3/4 bottle].
- You need 2 tbsp of Tabasco Sauce [more or less].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Orange Juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Of Your Favorite Red Chunky Salsa.
- Prepare 1 Shot of Tequila [optional].
- It’s of ● For The Garnishments [as needed].
- It’s of Tabasco Lime Salt Rim [for chilled glasses].
- It’s of Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare of Lime Wedges.
- It’s Slices of Avacado.
- You need of Quality Saltine Or Trisket Crackers.
Mexican shrimp cocktail is a great way to start off a Mexican themed meal. This classic Mexican shrimp cocktail is usually served as a starter, but makes a quick, refreshing main dish on a busy night. Add some of your favorite hot sauce for extra kick. Serve with: Warm corn tortillas or cheese quesadillas and your favorite hot sauce.
Mike's Coctel de Camarones [mexican shrimp cocktail] step by step
- Rough chop or fine mince all of your fresh, firm vegetables..
- Presteamed shrimp pictured. Deveined with tails on..
- Immatation Crab Meat pictured..
- Shrimp and baby scallops pictured..
- The best Tequila brand to use..
- Use a nonreactive bowl and spoon to mix all vegetables and fluids..
- Add fresh herbs and seafood at the end. Chill for 3+ hours. This dish is actually better the following day..
- Serve chilled with lime wedges, avacado slices, tabasco sauce, cilantro and quality crackers. Enjoy!.
Coctel de Camarones (or Mexican Shrimp Cocktail) – This dish reminds me of Ensenada and the Valle de Guadalupe. Beaches, wine, and the best seafood! If you ever visit, you must check out the fish market in Ensenada. My favorite thing to get whenever I go is a big bowl of this DELICIOUSNESS. A refreshing and authentic Mexican shrimp cocktail with plenty of spicy flavors makes a perfect starter or a light meal.
Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we should avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out a few of these. Eggs, you may be amazed to find out, are great at combating depression. You should be sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Eat an egg and be happy! Make a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a super protein source. Cold water fish are excellent if you wish to feel better. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression. It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are great at helping you feel happier. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. Feeling starved can be terrible! These grains can elevate your mood because it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Your mood could actually be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while simultaneously loosening up the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you become better. And now you know green tea can help raise your mood as well! So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these instead!