Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos. Brown your chopped onions over medium heat in a large pan As your onions brown, peel and chop your potatoes. Cut them into small chunks, not too thick. Add your potatoes and ground beef to your onions.
On half of the tortilla, place about one Tbsp. of the potato mixture and spread it around. Tacos de Picadillo are crispy ground beef and potato tacos — economical, easy to make, and feed a crowd. These were the tacos I grew up eating – my grandma would make them at least two to three times a month. You can have Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of red potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of beer… I prefer budweiser.
- It’s 12 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of salt to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to your liking.
- It’s 1 of meat seasoning, your favorite and as much to your liking.
- You need 1 of garlic salt to your liking.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil.
These crispy corn shells are not from a box. Puerto Rican papas rellenas (beef stuffed mashed potato balls) are one of the absolute best potato dishes! There are so many ways to enjoy papas, but one of my favorites are these tacos dorados de papa (crispy fried mashed potato tacos)! Tacos dorados means "golden tacos" – a beautiful name for tacos fried until golden brown.
Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos step by step
- Brown your chopped onions over medium heat in a large pan.
- As your onions brown, peel and chop your potatoes. Cut them into small chunks, not too thick..
- Add your potatoes and ground beef to your onions. Add your salt, pepper, meat seasoning, garlic, and cilantro. Blend well. Continue to stir frequently until your meat is evenly browned..
- As the meat starts to soften and break down, add your beer. Your meat won't be completely browned yet, that's ok..
- Once meat is completely browned, Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes..
- Uncover and make sure your potatoes are cooked through and evenly..
- Remove from heat. Now for your tacos..
- Add oil to frying pan over medium heat. Add enough to fill the entire bottom and be about 1/4" deep..
- Warm your tortillas for a few seconds over medium heat, 1 at a time as your filling them. The heat will soften them making them easier to bend into a shell without cracking..
- Once your oil is nice and hot, one at a time, fill each tortilla with 2 spoon fulls of your potato meat mix. Add them to your oil, and let fry on both sides till they're a nice golden brown color… I like to put 3 tacos in at a time so I can make sure they cook nice and even, that way I can monitor each one. They can brown pretty quickly depending on how high your heat is..
- As you remove them from the pan, lay the tacos on a paper towel covered plate. Thw paper towel will absorb some of the grease. You can even pat the sides of each taco to remove more grease..
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, potatoes and taco seasoning to the pan and toss to combine. Press the potatoes down into the pan and turn heat to medium.** Add chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, potatoes and all the spices. Let's get to the specifics: Crispy fried tacos stuffed with slightly smoky, cumin-spiced Creamer potatoes topped with fresh pico de gallo, ripe avocado, chopped tomato and cilantro.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very healthy and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, you may be amazed to discover, are terrific at battling depression. You need to make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Consume an egg and jolly up! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more of it in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a great source of protein. If you want to overcome depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression. It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. These grains can help you feel full for longer too, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. You digest them quicker than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise. Green tea is actually great for your mood. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid called L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while also relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you feel better. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to lift your moods as well! As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Go with these tips instead!