Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa. Great recipe for Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa. This is an authentic recipe from my old friend in Mexico. She'll also add Bell Peppers – of any color – to her recipe if she has them on hand.
It's not too hot but not exactly mild and is served with sturdy, seasoned, homemade tortilla. You'll love this authentic Salsa Verde recipe Mike Gonzalez makes. Salsa Verde goes with just about everything! You can have Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa
- It’s of Salsa.
- You need 2 large of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 large of White Onions.
- You need 1/2 large of Purple Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- Prepare 1 medium of Bunch Cilantro [leaves and stems].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Celery [with leaves].
- You need 5 large of Jalapeños [seeds left in].
- It’s 1 can of 10 oz ROTELL Tomatoes With Green Chilies.
- You need 1 can of 4 oz Hatch Green Chilies [add fluid in can] Or, 4 oz Fresh Hatch Chilies.
- You need 1/2 of Juiced Lime.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar [or, to taste].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt [or, to taste].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper [or, to taste].
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Each: Garlic Powder & Onion Powder.
I love Mexican salsa because I can use it as a dip for my chips and as an ingredient for other dishes like casseroles, pork chops, and meatloaf. What I usually use is the jarred variety, but after trying some homemade Mexican salsa during a family dinner, I was amazed by its fresh taste. Take the stems off the peppers and throw away the stems. Place the peppers and seeds in the bender.
Mike's Authentic Mexican Salsa step by step
- Throw everything in a blender and blend to the consistency of your preference. Know that there's not a lot of fluid in this specific Salsa recipe. Slowly add fluids like broth or water to your preference..
- Refrigerate straight from the blender or, you can cook this salsa in a pot on the stove until boiling – then simmer for only a few minutes. Then refrigerate. It's better to boil it tho..
- If you decide your salsa is a bit too acidic tasting [caused by tomatoes & jalapeños] for your liking – add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda while your salsa is bubbling and mix well. Repeat this step if you decide it's still too acidic for your liking. Know that your salsa will foam up and discolor with this addition but, no worries – she'll settle right back down..
- For a memorable contrast, add some additional fresh, fine chopped onions, jalapeños and cilantro to your salsa once it's fully cooled. Serve with homemade, seasoned Tortilla Chips. Or, serve over or, alongside most any primary Mexican dish you choose. Enjoy!.
Homemade authentic Mexican salsa, Salsa de Chile de Arbol recipe is simply awesome! The secret to amazing salsa includes the Chile de Arbol pepper, fire roa. Salsa, a quintessential Mexican dip, bursting with flavour and spice. Think nachos, chips and tacos and the first thing that comes to mind is the Mexican Salsa. Made with tomatoes, onions, garlic and chilli peppers, this dip is heavy on flavour and health.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and are to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are fantastic for helping you combat depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. Every time you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try eating an egg and be happy! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be raised by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source. If you wish to beat depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you battle your depression. Some grains are actually wonderful for driving away bad moods. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are fantastic at helping you be happier. They can help you feel full for longer too, which can help your mood too. Feeling starved can be awful! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are easy to digest. You digest these foods faster than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise. Your mood could actually be helped by green tea. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that applies to your mood also! As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try several of these instead!