(Your name here) Fish Pie. Cut up the potatoes, and boil in lightly salted water until tender; drain, add the butter, sour cream and milk, mash until smooth, seasoning with salt and pepper. (Your name here) Fish Pie Very nice. noisyrow England. Craig Lee for The New York Times To the uninitiated, fish pie has an uninviting name and reputation. But this is fish that is gently poached, then swathed in a white sauce and topped with buttery. (Your name here) Fish Pie noisyrow England.
Then add Dijon mustard, milk, cream and fish stock, then add vegetables and bring to a simmer. Fish pie, also known as fisherman's pie, is a traditional British dish. The pie is usually made with white, often smoked, fish (for example cod, haddock or halibut) in a white sauce or cheddar cheese sauce made using the milk the fish was poached in. You can have (Your name here) Fish Pie using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of (Your name here) Fish Pie
- You need 400 grams of smoked haddock fillets.
- You need 1 pints of milk.
- You need 300 grams of prawns.
- You need 4 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 oz of butter.
- You need 200 grams of frozen or fresh peas.
- You need 4 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley or 2 if using dried.
- You need 3 lb of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of packet hollandaise sauce powder. Enough to make 3/4 of a pint of sauce.
- You need 1 of half teaspoon of nutmeg, finely grated.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 25 grams of cheddar cheese grated.
Prawns and hard boiled eggs are other common additional ingredients. Parsley or chives are sometimes added to the sauce. This is a paid for Ad. This quick and delicious fish pie is full of flavour and lighter than traditional recipes.
(Your name here) Fish Pie step by step
- Put fish into a pan and add about 3/4 pint of milk. Simmer for 5-10 mins. Keep your eye on it so it doesn't boil over..
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Put into a pan add enough boiling water to cover them and cook over a moderate heat until soft..
- When the fish is starting to flake remove from heat and pour milk into a container. You will use this for the sauce later..
- Remove skin from fish and separate into flakes. Then spread fish evenly over the base of a large baking dish..
- Cut 20 grams of butter into about 8 pieces and dot the fish with the pieces..
- Add prawns to the fish for the next layer..
- Sprinkle peas over the prawns..
- Cut eggs into quarters and spread over the dish. Add pepper and half of the salt to season. Then add the parsley..
- Put sauce powder into a pan and add the milk the fish simmered in with about 20 grams of butter. Cook over low heat stirring until it thickens. When ready pour over the dish..
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice of 1 half over the dish..
- When potatoes are soft drain off the water..
- Add the rest of the salt, butter, milk and nutmeg and mash the potatoes until smooth..
- Before putting mash onto the pie taste the sauce and add salt and/or lemon if needed. Spread mash over pie mix..
- Spread grated cheese over pie..
- Cook in pre heated oven at 200°C for about 30 mins or until potatoes have browned nicely..
- Lovely Fish Pie. Enjoy..
The usual white sauce is replaced with a c. We do add a third seafood to the fish pie to mix up the texture a little, and our preference here is for shrimp. Because it cooks quickly, you don't want to use a small variety and risk overcooked or rubbery lumps: opt for medium or large, and if you find extra-large or jumbo, these will work well cut into slightly larger than bite-size pieces. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, (your name here) fish pie.
Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood Most of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be really great at beating back depression. You should see to it, though, that what you make includes the yolk. Every time you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Eat an egg and feel happier! Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is possible because these foods are high in magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein food source. If you wish to fight depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all high in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression. Some grains are truly wonderful for fighting off bad moods. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to improve your mood. Feeling hungry can be terrible! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while also loosening up the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know it can help you be happier as well! So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!