Prawn Curry. If you want, you can substitute boiled eggs for the prawns. Serve the curry with naan, roti, or plain rice. Prawn Curry With Roti and Carrot Salad Durban is famous for so many curry dishes: Bunny chow, mutton curry and prawn curry are just a few, and there are heaps of fragrant and spicy variations.
Indian cuisine is very diverse and most foods are made in their regional style with locally available ingredients. Prawns, curry powder, coconut milk, and a few other pantry staples are all you need. Serve over steam rice for a complete Indian meal. "This curry is a complete joy. You can have Prawn Curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Curry
- You need 20 of Jumbo Prawns or Shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- You need of Enough water to soak the prawns completely.
- You need 8 of –10 dried Kashmiri Red Chillies.
- You need 6 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of whole Coriander Seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of small knob of Tamarind (1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare of for the curry.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of finely minced Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped Onions.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 8 of –10 Curry Leaves.
As well as being seriously tasty, it's good for you, too. Plus, spinach is super-high in vitamin K, which keeps our bones healthy. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
Prawn Curry instructions
- Start by defrosting prawns. Transfer prawns to a bowl and add enough cold water to soak them properly for 15 minutes. Before using, wash the prawns once or twice in running water and add them to the curry..
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala to a smooth paste and set aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they are a light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon..
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the colour deepens slightly. Add the defrosted (drain the water) prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and switch off the flame. Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice..
Authentic Sri Lankan Prawn Curry (Shrimp Curry) where the shrimp heads are cooked first in a rich and aromatic curry base to coax out the full depth of flavor, and the shrimp body is cooked just long enough so that it's tender and juicy and coated with that thick, luscious sauce/gravy. An easy recipe that can be adapted for any type of prawn or shrimp you have at hand. Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut is a spicy, sour curry that comes from Goa and is also called Ambot Tik. Goan prawn curry Try Maunika Gowardhan's vibrant green coconut prawn curry with chilli, coriander and curry leaves. Also known as Ambot Tik, Recipe for Goan Prawn Curry is very simple and authentic.
How to Boost Your Mood with Food Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must avoid them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that actually can improve your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, you might be astonished to learn, are wonderful at battling depression. Just be sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–work better. Consume an egg and jolly up! Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all great for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of this chemical in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, in addition to elevating your mood, can be a great source of protein. If you want to defeat depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood. Grains can be good for overcoming a terrible mood. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all excellent for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full also which can really help to improve your mood. It’s not hard to feel depressed when you feel famished! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is high in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that it can help you be happier too! So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!