Arum leaves Discs (colocasia leaves pinwheels). Plants in the arum family may also include arrowhead members, also commonly grown as houseplants in many places. Another of the most common arums are the Lords and Ladies, or cuckoopint. Many of the available varieties of arum plants are not common, however.
Wash the arum leaves very well. Cut the leaves into Julian and take in a pan. Boil it and keep it for cooling. You can have Arum leaves Discs (colocasia leaves pinwheels) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arum leaves Discs (colocasia leaves pinwheels)
- You need 4 of big and fresh colocasia/ arum leaves(Aravi leaves).
- Prepare 2 Cups of besan(250 ml Cup).
- Prepare 1 Cup of tamarind Jaggery mixture.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of dhaniajeera powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger chilli paste (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil + oil to Deep fry.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white sesame seeds.
- You need of To Serve with:-.
- It’s of Tomato ketchup.
I know, I know, a pinwheel should spin. It's just that leaves can be so delicate. I knew that if I tried to make them spin they would fail, so I guess you could say I didn't bother going there. It doesn't really bother me that they don't spin.
Arum leaves Discs (colocasia leaves pinwheels) step by step
- Wash the arum leaves andThey are heart shaped big,green leaves.It is very important to buy the leaves with BLACK stem.NOT green stem.as the leaves with green stem creates itchiness in the throat.Remove the major thick portion of the Black stems with knife.and Cut into two halves lengthwise as shown in the picture.Soak tamarand and Jaggery together in 1 Cup water for 1 hour.Then Grind into Chutney and strain it.In a bowl mix besan,all masala and tamarind Jaggery Chutney.Mix well to make thick bat.
- Take one half of arun leaf,wipe it Dry, turn to its back side and apply besan batter on entire surface.Put another half on it turned backside up.simillarly apply batter on it.in this way put 4 arum leaves one above the other with batter applied on each one.Make tight cylindrical Rolls..
- In this way make 3-4 Rolls.Apply remaining batter on the ready Rolls.put the Rolls in a steel Sieve.In a steamer put the Sieve with Rolls in it.cover and let it cook on Medium flame for 20 minutes.off the flame.let the Rolls cool.Cut them into 1 cm discks..
- Heat oil in a wok to shallow fry on Medium flame.slide in the Discs in hot oil.fry on both sides till golden brown.Remove extra oil.and add mustard seeds,Cumin seeds and sesame seeds to 2 tbsp oil.Add the fried Discs to this tempering.Mix well..
- Take out arum leaves Discs in a serving Plate.Serve hot with tomato ketchup or tea.
I think they are beautiful the way they are. Here's how I made the leaf pinwheels. Have you ever heard of Colocasia leaves? Well I have eaten it since forever, but never knew it was called so. In hindi its called Arvi, Arabi, Arbi, Alvi, Chaama, Ghuiya, Patra, Mukh.
How to Improve Your Mood with Food Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we need to avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very nourishing and good for you. Several foods really do raise your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, test out a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you battle depression. You should see to it, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. Every time you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to improve your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–work better. Try eating a couple of eggs to jolly up! Put together a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to boost your mood. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a great source of protein. Cold water fish are great for eating if you wish to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression. It’s not hard to overcome your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping raise your happiness levels. They can help you feel full for longer too, which is a mood improver. It’s not hard to feel depressed when you feel hungry! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood. Your mood could actually be helped by green tea. You were just anticipating to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this particular amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You were already aware that green tea could help you be healthier. Now you know it can help you be happier as well! See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a few of these instead!