Potato Broccoli Soup.
You can cook Potato Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 3 cups of diced broccoli heads.
- You need 3 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 6 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- It’s 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Potato Broccoli Soup instructions
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health One of the best points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. Unfortunately, most people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of needed modifications in your life. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to learn how to look after your body before it is too late. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at top levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. By eating these foods, your body will become healthier. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work well. As a result, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to include at least some of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are some other essentials. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.