Minestrone Soup. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery and carrot and cook until they. This famous Italian soup has been much imitated around the world with very different results.
Melt butter or margarine in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes. Classic Minestrone Soup A Classic Minestrone Soup loaded with vegetables, beans, pasta and flavorful tomato broth. You can have Minestrone Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- Prepare 5 of medium size Tomatoes.
- It’s 10 of Minced Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled macaroni/pasta.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped red Pumpkin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped green beans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil or butter.
- You need 3.5 cups of water or broth.
Serve with a spoonful of basil pesto, parmesan and grilled bread. It's like every week I'm posting a new soup or stew recipe! Essentially, minestrone is a thick, hearty variety of vegetable soup, thanks to the addition of beans and sometimes pasta or rice. Tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery are usually included, with other vegetables added at the cook's discretion.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- First blanch the tomatoes, this an important step to get the authentic taste to this soup. Peel tomatoes. Chop 2 tomatoes & keep 3 aside for making puree..
- Heat oil/butter in a pan. Add garlic, onion & saute for 2 mins. Then add all veggies, black pepper powder, salt and cook for 7-8 mins..
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, seasoning. Mix well and cook for another 5 mins..
- Add 3.5 cups water or broth & bring to a boil..
- Now add boiled macaroni/pasta or boiled kidney beans if using, mix well and again bring to a boil. Let it simmer on low heat for 7-8 mins. Adjust salt, pepper & seasoning..
- Healthy Soup is ready. Pour into soup bowls, add parmesan cheese & garnish with basil leaves(optional). Enjoy with your family!.
Italian Minestrone soup is made with seasonal veggies, legumes and small pasta shape or rice. The beauty of this soup is that you can make it a hundred times and have it taste different every time you make it. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Do you love minestrone?
Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food A lot of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and are to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super nourishing and good for you. There are several foods that really can boost your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, would you believe, are great for helping you combat depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be terrific for lifting up your mood. This is because the B vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and be happy! Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all good for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is called the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you will feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein source. Cold water fish are great if you wish to feel happier. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you overcome depression. Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel better. They fill you up better and that can help improve your moods also. Feeling starved can truly bring you down! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Green tea is really good for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is found to be rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also! So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these instead!