Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae.
You can have Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae
- It’s 6 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 200 g of SPAM cut into cubes.
- You need 200 g of mushroom (enoki and or oyster mushrooms).
- You need 200 g of shitake mushrooms.
- It’s 6 of cocktail sausages cut thinly.
- It’s 3 of instant ramen noodles.
- You need Half of a cup of cheese(cubed or 2 slices).
- Prepare 1 cup of kimchi (bite-sized).
- Prepare 1 of Napa cabbage (cut and sliced).
- It’s 100 g of Rice cakes (Tteokbokki) or replace with kikiam.
- It’s 100 g of tofu (sliced or cubed).
- It’s 4 of cobs cooked corn or 1 can of sweet corn kernels.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Korean chili paste (Gochujang).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Korean chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s of Green onions.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- You need of I added corn instead of baked beans.
- You need of I also removed kelp and anchovies because I don't like them.
Simple Korean Army Stew or Budae Jjigae step by step
- Cook garlic in oil until golden brown. Set aside so it doesn't burn..
- Assemble the ingredients (except for the ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage, corn and cheese) in a pot. Mix the Korean paste with soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and fish sauce and add the mixture to the pot. Pour the stock and bring to boil on medium heat (about 10 mins). Reduce heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients – garlic, instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onions, napa cabbage (I like my napa cabbage crunchy), corn and add cheese on top of the pot and boil uncovered until the noodles are cooked (about 2 to 3 mins)..
- Serve with steamed rice (& with other Korean side dishes). Or if doing hot pot, reduce the heat to low (using a portable burner) and share the food at the dinning table..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. This is possible no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We should get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Alas, most people don’t care about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential changes in your life. Once your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body cannot work correctly if it doesn’t receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are ingested. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Almost all grocery stores these days have organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run optimally. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. You need to include a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.