Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew.
You can cook Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless chicken thighs, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of seasoned flour.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock or reduced-fat low-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare of Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 2 of yellow chile peppers, minced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lightly salted roasted peanuts.
- It’s 4 cups of loosely packed chopped collard greens.
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew step by step
- Cube chicken. Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake well to coat. Heat a lg frying pan on medium heat. Add canola oil and fry chicken in batches until it browns. Drain on paper towels and set aside. When all chicken is done, deglaze pan with white wine. Simmer until all alcohol is cooked off. And all the good bits are unstuck from the pan. Set aside..
- At the same time, in a large stock pot, heat another tsp oil on medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and both kinds of peppers. Saute until onions have sweated off, but do not brown. Add garlic and ginger. Saute one more minute..
- To the stock pot, add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and make sure it is combined well..
- Add rest of ingredients to the stock pot. Add the chicken and the wine slurry from deglazing the pan. Mix well and bring to a simmer..
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Just until the sweet potatoes become tender. But not until they dissolve. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, enjoy..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One terrific feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to the point where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. The majority of folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. In reality, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body cannot work correctly if it does not receive proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, possibly triggered by the foods that are consumed. People are becoming more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. A lot of nutritious food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. Consuming these foods will help your mental health. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You must have a few superfoods in your diet everyday. To start, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with exactly what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.