Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas). Make sure to add more water if needed. Sometimes the pasta absorbs more liquid than expected. Milk makes this chicken sopas version rich and creamy.
Filipino kids and adults alike love this milky sopas for snack time and meal time. I used All Purpose Cream instead of evaporated milk like in the traditional recipe. Combine water and onion in a pot and bring to a boil. You can have Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas)
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cubed or strips.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of garlic head, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of cooked macaroni or elbow pasta.
- You need 1 of small carrot, jullienned or diced (none in photo).
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage, in strips.
- It’s 1/4 box of (+/- 60ml) all purpose cream.
- It’s 1/2 of of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 1/2-1 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1.5 L of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Green onions to garnish (optional).
Add chicken, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring back to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Rich and Creamy Chicken Sopas make use of both butter and evaporated milk. These are the two components that make it rich and creamy.
Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) step by step
- Prepare ahead: half cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside. Also half cook (seasoned with S&P) chicken in a separate pot in 1/2 cup water then cut into cubesor strips. Set aside..
- Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot..
- Once fragrant, add in your chicken and 1/2 c water. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips. Meanwhile add 1L water into the same pot and drop in the chicken bullion or broth cube..
- Return the cut chicken into the pot and add your elbow pasta, carrots, cabbage and All Purpose Cream (Nestlé or other brand). Get a spoon and get a knob of butter, add into the pot (optional). Stir until simmmering..
- Taste and season with salt & pepper. Adjust if you need to add more both cube. When satisfied, taste elbow pasta if okay to your liking. I like mine al denté. Remember it will continue cooking when you turn off the heat. Serve and garnish with snipped green onions..
Butter can be omitted if you do not prefer to have this ingredient. Aromatics are also important for this soup to smell and taste good. With the rain starting to pour, a rich, creamy soup is a must, and this is what this sopas is all about! It is made from chicken, simmered in water, and usually added with other ingredients. Clear chicken broth with pieces of chicken meat, macaroni, cabbage, and carrots.
Use Food to Elevate Your Mood Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are fantastic for helping you fight depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the yolk. The egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping you cheer up. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Put together a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that tells your brain how you feel all the time. The more you have of it, the more pleasant you will feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific source of protein. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to beat back depression. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight back depression. Some grains are really great for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really great for helping boost your happiness levels. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. Feeling starved can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you become so much healthier. Now you are aware that it helps you to lift your moods as well! As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Go with these hints instead!