Albby's authentic jollof rice. Looking for the perfect Albby's authentic jollof rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Albby's authentic jollof rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Yes Eight! ( From classic Jollof rice, to the party Jollof rice all the way down to my favourite healthier lower-calorie Jollof rice). Alright, let's get started right away, we have a lot of cooking to do. Quick notes: Jollof rice can be prepared using both parboiled medium grain rice or long grain white rice like basmati. You can have Albby's authentic jollof rice using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Albby's authentic jollof rice
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of tomato puree paste.
- You need of Corned beef.
- You need of Complete seasoning(optional).
- Prepare of Hot pepper powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Long grain uncooked rice.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
For basmati rice, I highly recommend the sellar brand. It is a very common practise to parboil the rice before use in making any Nigwrian rice recipe (I do it sometimes too), but rinsing the rise repeatedly also works fine too. The Jolof Empire (also Djolof, Wolof), which controlled parts of Senegal and the Gambia was established as a vassal of the Mali Empire. ingredients: – green pepper – green beans – fresh carrots – fresh onions – red chili pepper – fresh galic – fresh ginger – fresh tomatoes – tomato puree/past. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water.
Albby's authentic jollof rice step by step
- Heat abit of cooking oil in a pot and add some chopped onions to it..
- Blend some ginger, garlic and onion with abit of water into a paste consistency..
- Add the blended consistency to the heated oil and stir..
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes on high heat..
- Add the chopped tomatoes to it. Afterwards, add the tomato puree to it and give it a stir..
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to simmer for 10 more minutes..
- Add your powdered pepper and spices and stir..
- Add your corned beef to the stew and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes covered with the lid..
- Add your uncooked rice and add some salt to taste to the stew. Afterwards add a good amount of boiled water to it and give it a good stir. Cover it and allow it to cook on low heat for 15 more minutes..
- Give the rice a good stir and put a plastic bag on your pot to retain the heat in the rice. Afterwards, cover it with the lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes..
- Lastly sprinkle a bit of water on the rice if it's abit hard and allow it to cook for 10 more minutes..
- The jollof is ready when it's soft and juicy! Enjoy!.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid. Generally speaking, jollof rice is a popular rice dish that you'll find in Ghana, Nigeria and other West African countries. Basically, it is spiced rice dish with a tomato base, cooked in a stew, usually with vegetable or chicken stock. Also, it is cooked with chopped vegetables and pieces of meat, such as beef, chicken, goat or lamb. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be really wonderful at fighting back depression. Just be sure that you do not throw out the yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you elevate your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try eating an egg and be happy! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is possible because these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a great protein food source. Cold water fish are great if you want to be in a better mood. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression. It’s not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are great at helping you feel happier. They help you feel full too which can really help to make your mood better. It’s easy to feel low when you are starving! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Your mood could actually be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to become healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also! Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these suggestions instead.