Homemade mashed potatoes w/ brown gravy hamburgers & cornbread!. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until ground meat is no longer pink and the onions are soft.
If you like your mashed potatoes a little thinner, stir in more milk. Using a masher, mash the potatoes and gently stir the ingredients all together. Serve generous spoonfuls of hamburger gravy over the mashed potatoes. You can have Homemade mashed potatoes w/ brown gravy hamburgers & cornbread! using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade mashed potatoes w/ brown gravy hamburgers & cornbread!
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1/2 of bellpepper.
- It’s 6-8 of large sized potatoes.
- Prepare 2 boxes of jiffy cornbread mix.
- Prepare of Salt season to your taste.
- Prepare of Pepper season to your taste.
- Prepare of Complete seasoning season to your taste.
- It’s of Garlic powder season to your taste.
- You need of Onion powder season to your taste.
- You need 1 of whole stick of butter.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 packs of brown gravy.
Basically, make yourself some mashed potatoes. Brown your ground beef, then set aside. Hamburger gravy can be served over mashed potatoes, rice, or over bread, my family prefers it over mashed potatoes. This recipe is one that always reminds me of when I first learned to cook.
Homemade mashed potatoes w/ brown gravy hamburgers & cornbread! step by step
- Take your ground beef put it in a pan with the bellpepper and onions and brown it.
- Get your potatoes diced them in small squares or however you would like. I leave mine skin on put a pot of water on medium high heat add a tablespoon of salt let them boil.
- Pour both boxes of cornbread mix into a bowl add the 2 eggs, a teaspoon of oil, and 1/2 cup of milk mix it all together and put in the oven on 375 degrees for 20 mins.
- Once the potatoes are done boiling drain the water off of them and put them in a bowl with 1/2 stick of butter, 1 1/2 cup of milk, teaspoon of sour cream and mix them all together.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water to a pot pour the gravy packs in stir till it comes to a boil.
- Take the patties you made out of the ground beef and lay them on your plate with the mashed potatoes and put the gravy on them.
Every day my dad would leave me a note saying what was for dinner and how to cook it. I used a can of Gordon foods canned brown gravy, with the hamburger and onions, it was thicker as I remember it, very good with mashed potatoes and green beans or corn. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish! Lord have mercy…there are just some meals that are the epitome of southern comfort food like hamburger steak and gravy! I grew up eating this meal alongside mashed potatoes or rice, sweet peas, dinner rolls, and ice cold sweet tea.
Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, would you believe, are great for helping you combat depression. Just be sure that you don’t get rid of the egg yolk. The yolk is the most essential part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for lifting up your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Consume an egg and be happy! Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all good for raising your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which raises your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein food source. If you want to beat depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood. Some grains are really great for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really excellent for helping raise your happiness levels. These foods fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods as well. Feeling famished can be terrible! These grains can elevate your mood because it’s easy for your body to digest them. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can essentially stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You likely already knew how easy it is to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are aware that it can help you be happier also! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!