You can cook Mabo Dofu using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mabo Dofu
- It’s of Flour-Water Slurry.
- Prepare 1/4 c of flour.
- It’s 1/3 of to 1/2 c of water.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- It’s to taste of (sea) salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 c of dashi (dried Japanese fish stock) or 1-2 tbsp of miso or 1-2 chicken bouillion [this is really to taste, since it's used to add the most savory flavour].
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric powder (for color) OPTIONAL.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika (for color) OPTIONAL.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground chili or 1 tbsp of fresh spicy pepper (I use habanero) OPTIONAL.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 4 of baby bok choy, sliced or diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 stalks of celery, sliced or diced.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 box of soft tofu, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef or other (about beef/pork/turkey: be sure to "cut" into small pieces when cooking so you don't end up with meat clumped together).
Mabo Dofu step by step
- In a small bowl mix the water and flour, gradually adding the flour. Be sure that it's not too thin or too thick. Set aside mixture for later. Note: It should feel like you've added a bit of water to some honey, still somewhat thick but moves a lot smoother..
- In a pan, add some oil and saute the meat until brown. Season lightly with salt. Add the veggies and cook till soft, then add the tofu last. Note: Garlic and spicy pepper should be cooked last among the vegetables to avoid burning..
- Add your seasonings, then the flour-water slurry and mix thoroughly immediately. If it seems like it's too thick, add some water to thin it out. When everything has thickened up nicely and sticks together more or less, it's done! Serve over rice..
- THIS IS NOT A STEP; if you feel that the ingredient list is way too long then just go with a basic mabo dofu recipe using just the ground meat, your choice of veggies and the dashi, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt. That's really all you need, everything else is just my preference, such as the habanero..
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better Many of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at fighting back depression. Just see to it that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to boost your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–work better. Eat some eggs to cheer up! Put together a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a great protein source. If you wish to fight depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression. Grains can be excellent for overcoming a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are great at helping you have a happier mood. They fill you up better and that can help you with your moods also. Feeling famished can truly bring you down! These grains can elevate your mood as it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This helps raise your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you feel healthier. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods as well! As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!