Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup.
You can have Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup
- Prepare of Base.
- It’s of Hunk of butter (or oil).
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of flour.
- You need Splash of wine.
- You need 1 cup of stock (chicken/pork/veggie all work).
- You need of Bouquet Garni (herb bundle).
- It’s of Cheesecloth.
- Prepare of Butcher’s twine.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of bay leaves, broken.
- Prepare 2 of allspice.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 of dried chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare of The Soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry lentils (green or yellow).
- It’s 1 of Tupperware of leftover roasted ham, diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Croutons.
Leftover Ham and Lentil Soup step by step
- Cook your lentils. Wash dry lentils thoroughly (all sorts of weird stuff turns up in dry lentils, I found a piece of wood in mine). Add to a large pot of boiling water, boil for half an hour and drain, reserving water..
- Make your herb bundle. Double layer a square of cheesecloth. Lay all the things you don’t want to chew in the middle. Bundle it up, tying with butcher’s twine. Do not make my mistake and include veggie stalks – I thought it would be an easy way to impart more flavour, but forgot they would expand and stretch out the cheesecloth..
- Make your base. Melt some butter; sauté onions, carrots, etc. until soft. Add the herb bundle, push it around for a bit, then toss it in the soup pot. Add minced garlic, cooking briefly. Add flour and cook until nutty. Splash in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bits while letting the alcohol evaporate. Slowly incorporate stock..
- Amass the soup! Add your delicious veggie mixture to a crock pot or large soup pot. Add the cooked lentils. Add the reserved lentil water until everything looks a bit too runny. Add cumin and garam masala, if using, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for as long as you’ve got (1-3h) on low heat..
- Get some texture. Dig out the herb bundle and 2 cups of soup. Purée the rest with a hand blender. Return veggies. Fry ham (with basting sauce, if you still have it) and add..
- Garnish and serve!.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One terrific feature of green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. The majority of men and women think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. In reality, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You have to learn how to look after your body as early as possible. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Eating sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they ingest. People are opting to eat better now that they are aware of how important food choices are to their health. Now it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most grocery stores now have organic foods. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse some illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you consume these foods. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to eat the superfoods rather than junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function optimally. As a result, your immune system will easily fend off maladies. Your daily diet need to have at least several of these super foods. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Also, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health when you decide to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.