Cubed Steak & Gravy.
You can cook Cubed Steak & Gravy using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cubed Steak & Gravy
- You need 1 Lb of Cubed Steak.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour Seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Paprika (about one teaspoon of each).
- Prepare 4 oz of Chopped Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of Small Yellow Onion Diced.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic minced.
- It’s 2 Cups of Unsalted Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Oil For Frying Steaks.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Freshly chopped Thyme Leaves.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Flour.
- It’s of Chives or Parsley to Garnish.
Cubed Steak & Gravy instructions
- Prep all your ingredients. Salt and pepper your steaks on both sides and then dredge in the seasoned flour (I didn't measure my seasoning. Actually taste the flour and adjust to your taste preference.).
- Let your steaks sit in the flour while you heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once pan is hot add your oil. You want enough oil to cover the pan by about half an inch. When oil just starts to ripple slowly add your steaks. Do them in batches like I did if you need to. Don't over crowd your pan. I fried up 2 at a time. Brown them on both sides and set on paper towels..
- Drain excess oil from pan but leave the brown bits from frying. This will add extra flavor to the gravy. Turn heat to medium low and return pan to stove. Add your onions and butter to the pan and cook down until soft and golden. Scrape the brown bits from pan as the onions cook down..
- Once the onions are soft and golden add the garlic and mushrooms. Stir and cook for just a minute. Add the tablespoon of flour and cook into the onions for just a few seconds. Slowly mix in your beef stock. You want to make sure the flour doesn't clump. It helps if your stock is at least room temp but it is even better if it's hot. Stir in the fresh thyme. Taste to see if you need to add any salt or pepper..
- Bring to a simmer and then add the steak to the gravy. Making sure to coat them well..
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about an hour. stir the gravy and flip the steaks about every 15 minutes. If the gravy seems to thick you can add a little more liquid or if it seems to thin let it cook uncovered for a while. The longer you let the steaks simmer in the gravy the more tender they'll become..
- I served mine over rice and a side of cooked greens (kale in this case,) and garnished with chopped chives..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that a lot of people appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. In reality, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You need to learn how to look after your body as early as possible. Your body cannot function correctly if it doesn’t receive proper nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat whatever tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Many people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. This aisl has what are today recognized as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse some maladies. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these foods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will begin to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the right nutrition. When this happens, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Include whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to become disease free. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits today.