Leftover turkey Pot Pie.
You can cook Leftover turkey Pot Pie using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leftover turkey Pot Pie
- It’s of pot pie.
- Prepare 4 each of medium red potaotes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 of fennel , chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 box of Chicken stock (plus more to thin out sauce).
- It’s 2 cup of leftover turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen green beans.
- It’s 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of premade refrigerated rolled pie crust.
- Prepare of seasonings, salt and pepper (optional granulated garlic).
- It’s 3 large of carrots.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
Leftover turkey Pot Pie step by step
- Dice all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Add evoo and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add fennel, carrots, and celery and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and flour and saute for another two.
- Add white wine and reduce for a few minutes. Add chicken stock and potaotes and cook until tender.
- Add heavy cream and frozen veggies. Cooke several minutes then test seaoning. Re-season if necessary. Add the cheddar cheese, stir and removed from heat. Check the thickness of the sauce. If it is too thick add extra chicken or vegetable stock or water to thin it out. Remember if it is too thin you csn thicken the sauce in many ways so please Google to find out how. Also the sauce will thicken when you cook it so keep that in mind!.
- Take pack of 2 premade pie crust and combine into one. Fit on the tip of Dutch oven or mixture (depending on the pan). Take one egg and beat with a fork with 2 tbsp of water. Brush on top of pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 30 min. or until crust is is brown. Serve and enjoy!.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the greatest reasons for green living is to slow down and enjoy life. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can accomplish this. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. The majority of people think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few needed changes in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You must take care of your health while you can do so. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at optimum levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The food products we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This section is full of what are now known as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain maladies. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try to add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other foods to include. Additionally, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy optimal health when you opt to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.