Mexican Meatloaf with Baked Mac n' Cheese and Cheesy Broccoli.
You can have Mexican Meatloaf with Baked Mac n' Cheese and Cheesy Broccoli using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Meatloaf with Baked Mac n' Cheese and Cheesy Broccoli
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb. of Bulk Mild Sausage.
- You need 2 of Pkgs. Crackers, crushed.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 Cup of Salsa (I use Medium or Mild).
- It’s 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Ketchup.
- You need 2 Boxes of Macaroni Noodles.
- You need 2 Cups of Heavy Cream.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper, to taste.
- Prepare Half of Block Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 Pkg. of Butter Crackers, crushed.
- Prepare 1-2 Heads of Broccoli, chopped.
- You need 1 Jar of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread.
Mexican Meatloaf with Baked Mac n' Cheese and Cheesy Broccoli step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 large 13×9 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add the hamburger, sausage, onion, seasonings, crackers, beaten egg, shredded cheese, and salsa. Mix everything with your hands til thoroughly mixed then spread into one of the prepared baking dishes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes til meat is cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside and keep warm..
- Fill a large pot half way with water. Bring to a boil. Add boxes of macaroni (save cheese packets for another use). Reduce heat and let simmer stirring occasionally til noodles is tender. Drain water and add noodles back into pot, add 1/2 block shredded Queso Blanco cheese, heavy cream, and salt and pepper. Heat and stir til cheese is melted and everything is mixed. Pour into the other baking dish. Spread evenly. Sprinkle crushed buttered crackers over top. Bake for 7-8 minutes til golden brown..
- While mac and cheese is baking. Wrap and reserve the other half of the cheese and refrigerate for another use. In another large pot add broccoli n cover with water. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer til broccoli is tender. Drain and add back in to pot. Add sharp cheddar cheese spread and a little bit of cream and heat stirring constantly til cheese is completely melted. Set aside. Remove mac and cheese from oven..
- Plate everything up and enjoy 😋…my kids n i add extra ketchup over top..
Foods That Make Your Mood Better A lot of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods honestly do boost your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, try a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you battle depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be terrific for lifting up your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat an egg and jolly up! Put together a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is possible because these foods have a bunch of magnesium which boosts serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, in particular, are a great protein source. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to beat back depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression. It’s easy to fight your bad mood when you eat grains. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are terrific at helping you have a happier mood. These grains can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can really make you feel terrible! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you feel better. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood also! So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try some of these instead!