Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake. Fettuccine for dinner is never a bad idea. Next add onions, peppers, cumin, chili powder, cooking until peppers and onions start to soften slightly. Add the fettuccine, pepper jack, and shrimp, stirring until evenly combined and cheese is melted.
How to Make Pie Dough & Crust Bake It Up a Notch with Erin McDowell. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside. You can cook Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake
- You need 3 cups of fettuccine noodles.
- You need 2 jars of your fave pasta sauce.
- You need 1.5 cups of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 4 of sausages, casing removed (I used mild).
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccine until al dente. Pour off the fat from the skillet (preserving the garlic) and add the cream. Bring it to a boil, scrape up cooking juices and return the sausage to heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Weekday Sausage and Fettuccine Bake step by step
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta el dente. Once cooked, drain and set aside in colander.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg together with the ricotta cheese and set aside..
- In the same pot, brown the sausage meat. Then add your onion, mushroom and zucchini. Cook 8 min.
- Add tomato paste and your salt, pepper and herbs. Stir to combine. Add your jarred pasta sauce. Let everything cool for a few mins..
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot with the sauce and stir well until all the pasta is coated in the sauce..
- In a baking dish, pour half the pasta in the dish, top with half the ricotta mixture and then half the shredded cheese. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs on top. Set in 400°F oven for 35 min until bubbly, melty and slightly browned..
Fettuccine pasta with a rich and creamy, tomato and Italian sausage sauce. All I had to do was read the ingredient list of this recipe and my father was half-way out the door to the store to buy the fettuccine. Smoked sausage gives this dish a rich, smoky flavor while fresh parsley and grated Parmesan add the perfect finishing touch. Stir the sauce and parsley in the saucepan and cook until hot. Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
How to Elevate Your Mood with Food For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you don’t toss out the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping you cheer up. Eggs, specifically the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for boosting your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given time. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a superb protein source. Cold water fish are great if you are wanting to be in a better mood. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression. It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are fantastic at helping you have a happier mood. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to make your mood better. Feeling starved can actually bring you down! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are not difficult for your stomach to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood. Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can basically induce brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too! So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Go with these hints instead!