Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie. Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. All Reviews for Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal.
This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an absolute must. This is just one more reason we live for the Thanksgiving leftovers. You can cook Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- You need 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Pot pie topping.
- You need 1 of Pie crust dough.
Thanksgiving leftovers make the perfect pot pie: turkey or chicken, onion, celery, stuffing, and pie crust. The site may earn a commission on some products. You can make it with chicken or turkey…whatever's. Leftover Turkey Pot Pie: ::Thinking to self:: "Mmm, Thanksgiving dinner was deeelicious.
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
But now what to do with all these leftovers?? To make the Leftover Turkey Pot Pie, I gathered my leftovers. There wasn't much left, not even any gravy, but I made due with what I had. Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie – Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town. While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a "how to make tamale pie" video, since you can sub in virtually.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the best points of green living is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we are living in. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential modifications in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Your body cannot function correctly if it does not get proper nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you go for nutritious foods? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? As a lot of folks decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The things we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food section in virtually all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these foods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work well. As a result, it will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Next, try to add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole food grains and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits right now.