Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie.
You can cook Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of leftover turkey gravy.
- Prepare 2 cup of leftover turkey – roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- You need 2 cup of to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of leftover stuffing/dressing.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One good feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We must get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Alas, just about people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the current pill to deal with your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a couple of needed changes in your life. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body cannot function properly if it doesn’t receive adequate nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you love the taste or do you go for nutritious foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local mini mart? Because a lot of folks decide to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how essential food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Almost all grocery stores now have organic foods. This food section is filled with what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. See to it that you eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Observing a green living eating plan will provide you with precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.