Polka Dotted Roll Cake.
You can have Polka Dotted Roll Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Polka Dotted Roll Cake
- Prepare 65 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 80 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 ml of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of blocks each Chocolate (matcha, strawberry).
- You need of For the cream:.
- It’s 150 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 15 grams of Granulated sugar.
Polka Dotted Roll Cake step by step
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Sift the cake flour..
- I used these chocolate squares. They are thin and easy to handle. Melt them in the microwave..
- Make a polka dot pattern on the tray from Step 1 with the Step 2 chocolate. You can make the pattern as shown in the photo with the end of a chopstick easily. Chill the patterned parchment paper and the baking tray in the fridge..
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Put egg yolks in a bowl and beat them with a whisk. Add half of the granulated sugar and whip until the mixture forms a thick ribbon when whisk is lifted. Add the milk and vegetable oil in that order and mix after each addition. Add the flour and mix well..
- Put the egg whites in a different bowl, add the rest of the sugar, and whip until stiff peaks form, to make a meringue..
- Add 1 dollop of meringue from Step 5 into the bowl from Step 4 and stir well with the whisk. Add the remaining meringue in 2 batches and fold in gently with a rubber spatula..
- Pour the batter into the baking tray. Smooth out the surface and bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 180℃. When it's baked, remove from the baking tray, and let cool with the parchment paper attached. Once it has cooled a little, cover with cling film. This is how the sponge cake looks when it's baked..
- Combine the heavy cream and granulated sugar in a bowl and whip until soft peaks form..
- To finish: Peel off the parchment paper from the sponge cake. Spread the whipped cream on the browned side, and roll up in the way you make sushi rolls, working forward, away from your body. Place the rolled cake with the edges faced down, and rest it in the fridge for about 1 hour..
Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food In general, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, you may be amazed to discover, are wonderful at combating depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you raise your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that dictate your mood. Consume an egg and feel a lot better! Make a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all helpful for improving your mood. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more you have of it, the happier you will feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein food source. Cold water fish are good if you wish to be in a better mood. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight back depression. Grains can be good for fighting a terrible mood. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are fantastic at helping you feel better. They can help you feel full for longer too, which can help your mood too. Feeling famished can be awful! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard for your body to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Green tea is truly great for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while at the same calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood also! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.