Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup. Kale sautéed with Italian sausage, onions, garlic and white beans. Quick and easy! "You've converted me into a kale lover," a friend declared after eating a hearty bowl of this kale with sausage. Chop the sausages and toss with the flour, then add to the pan and cook until browned all over.
Sausage White Bean & Kale Soup. And honestly, you won't miss the noodles. Make this simple Kale & White Bean Soup instead. You can have Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 bunch of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- Prepare of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- You need 6 cups of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- It’s 1/2 Tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 4 of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
Learn how to make Caldo Verde, an amazingly delicious Portuguese sausage, kale, and potato soup! This is comfort food at its finest. Kale and Sausage Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Can you freeze sausage and If you like this Italian sausage and kale soup recipe, you might also like some of these other low carb.
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup instructions
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Italian Sausage Kale Soup Taste of Home. kale, heavy cream, chicken stock, medium potatoes, italian sausage. Sausage Kale Soup with White Beans FunnyLove. Arrange onions, sausage, and kale on a serving plate, and place potatoes on top of onions. Back to Sausage, Kale, and Potato Skillet Supper.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that many people appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We need to take a step back and prevent diseases before they happen. Unfortunately, just about people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You must look after yourself while you are able to. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Since a lot of folks decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. This food section is full of what are today known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard certain diseases, or even reverse them. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. As a result, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. Your daily diet need to contain at least some of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Furthermore, you should include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices now.