(Idli Leftover) Kaima Idli. It taste great with the masala. Enjoy making this healthy shallow fried Kaima idli for breakfast or. Kaima idli is a delicious, spicy, crunchy and flavorful dish that is prepared with fried leftover idlies.
Kaima Idli Recipe, How To Make Kaima Idli Recipe. Kaima idly, a unique breakfast with combination of vegetables perfectly cooked with left over idli pieces and spiced with gun powder. Kaima idli recipe one of the popular dishes in Hotel Saravanan Bhavan. You can cook (Idli Leftover) Kaima Idli using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of (Idli Leftover) Kaima Idli
- Prepare of Leftover idlis – 6 nos.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced onion (big) -.
- Prepare of Capsicum (bell pepper) – 1*.
- Prepare 2 of +1tablespoons ghee/oil.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Haldi.
- You need 1/16 tsp of Hing.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of tsps Chilli powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kitchen king masala.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cilantro seeds powder.
- Prepare 3 of tsps kasoori methi.
The first time I tried this was from what I heard from friends, never tasted it in HSB. Once when my best friend Sowmya tasted kaima idli she called me from the hotel itself and told me how it tasted and what all was added to it with what. Idli UpmaCooking with Smile. oil, idli, turmeric powder, salt, green chili, onions, curry leaf. My Tea Time Snacks – Vada from leftover Idli/Dosa Batter (Fritters) – Easy vadaiAlesha diary.
(Idli Leftover) Kaima Idli step by step
- In a wok add 2 tablespoons of ghee/oil and wait till it heats..
- Chop the leftover idlis into bite sized pieces; minimum 4 for each Idli..
- Drop the idly pieces in the wok and sauté until the pieces turn cruchy. You can also deep/air fry or bake in oven..
- Take the pieces out and add in extra 1 tablespoon of ghee/oil to wok. Then start adding onions to it and let it turn brown well. Once the onion turns brown, add in the spices. Note that if the wok feels dry, add 1 tsp water..
- Now once all have been mixed well, add in the chopped green bell peppers. Now toss all again making sure that bell pepper is not burning..
- Finally, after 7 minutes, add in the chopped Idli pieces. Toss and mix well. Flame off and close the wok. The idli pieces will cook in retained heat. Finally, garnish with crushed kasoori methi..
Recipe for Kaima Idli- Fried Idli tossed in an onion capsicum masala. Tamilnadu Saravana bhavan style fried idli recipe. Kaima Idli was made famous by Saravana Bhavan in Chennai. They took the left over idlies and did a make over by frying the idlies and tossing the fried idlies in a tangy sauce. Kaima Idli is a fried Idli tossed in an onion capsicum masala.
Living Greener for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the strongest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are in. We need to take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. A lot of people think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor what they taste or do you choose nutritious foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or get junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. Eating these foods will . You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health once you choose to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.