Moist and Fluffy Matcha Sponge Cake.
You can have Moist and Fluffy Matcha Sponge Cake using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist and Fluffy Matcha Sponge Cake
- It’s 3 of Eggs (large).
- Prepare 80 grams of Flour.
- It’s 10 grams of Matcha.
- Prepare 90 grams of Sugar.
- You need 40 grams of Butter.
- You need 30 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
Moist and Fluffy Matcha Sponge Cake instructions
- Bring the eggs to room temperature. Combine the flour with matcha, and sift 2 to 3 times. Line the cake pan with parchment paper. If you grease the pan slightly, the lining will stick..
- Microwave the milk and butter in the same container. Make sure the butter is completely melted. Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and add the sugar. Warm the bowl over warm water at about 60℃, and whisk with a hand-held mixer in high speed..
- When the eggs are about 36℃ (slightly warm when tested with your fingers), remove from the warm water and continue to whisk at high speed. Use the same warm water to keep the temperature of the milk and butter..
- When it gets thick and creamy. This usually takes 5 minutes after placing the bowl over warm water. Continue to whisk at low speed for about 3 minutes..
- It gets glossier than when whisked at high speed..
- Change the whisk. Add 1 tablespoon water and whip lightly. By adding water, it makes the powdered ingredients blend easier..
- Add all powdered ingredients in one go. Whip about 30 to 35 times..
- Remove the milk and butter from the warm water. Mix in a small portion of the mixture from step 8. This makes it easier than adding the milk and butter directly into the mixture..
- Add the mixture from step 9 into the bowl from step 8. Use a rubber spatula to cut in and blend. Make sure it gets creamy and glossy..
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the 170℃ preheated oven..
- Test with a skewer. If it doesn't come out clean, bake for another 5 minutes. Watch the cake as you bake..
- When it's done, drop from about 20 cm above your workplace. This prevents any shrinking..
- Turn it upside down and remove from the pan onto a rack. Peel any parchment paper. Cover with a damp cloth and let it cool..
- When it's completely cooled down, put it in a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for about half to one whole day..
Use Food to Elevate Your Mood For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out a few of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you combat depression. Just be sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Consume an egg and be happy! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given moment. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein source. Cold water fish are great if you are wanting to be in a better mood. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can seriously boost your mood. It’s not hard to fight your bad mood when you eat grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer too, which can help your mood too. Feeling famished can be terrible! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is fantastic for moods. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is chock-full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods also! As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.