You can have Sausage Gravy using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Gravy
- Prepare 1 lb of ground Sage Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean brand).
- You need 1 lb of Hot Italian Sausage.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of 1% Milk.
- It’s 1 dash of granulated sugar.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Sausage Gravy instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage over med-high heat until cooked through..
- Sprinkle flour, pepper and sugar over browned sausage and grease that has rendered. Stir flour in and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the flavors are well blended..
- Add milk to pan, slowly, while stirring. Sauce will begin to thicken. I generally add the milk a half cup at a time until I get a consistency I'm happy with. This is about 2 cups, sometimes more..
- I don't usually put sugar in the sausage gravy but added it into this one to help balance the hot, spicy sausage. If you choose to only use sage or milder sausages, eliminate the sugar. This recipe is really versatile and different spices or meats can be used. I believe, also, that any milk will work but you may need to tweak the amount some..
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better Mostly, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, try a couple of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you combat depression. You should make sure, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you improve your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Eat some eggs to jolly up! Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all wonderful for improving your mood. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that dictates to your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a great source of protein. Cold water fish are great for eating if you are wanting to battle depression. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression. Grains can be wonderful for driving away a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel happier. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to better your mood. Feeling hungry can be a real downer! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually good for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods also! So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!