Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes.
You can have Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes
- You need of for the duck.
- It’s 1 of Duck Crown, approx. 900g.
- Prepare 1 of Baby Leek, sliced.
- Prepare 2 slice of of Lemon.
- You need 8 of Rashers of Smokey Bacon.
- It’s 1 of a handful of Spinach leaves, stalks removed.
- You need of for the fondant potatoes.
- You need 500 ml of Chicken Stock.
- You need 3 clove of of Garlic, crushed with skins on.
- You need 100 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- It’s 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 2 medium of to large Potatoes, halved, peeled and shaped.
- Prepare of for the gravey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Plain Flour.
- You need 300 ml of Chicken Stock.
- You need 50 ml of Red Wine.
- You need of other.
- You need 4 slice of of Black Pudding.
- You need 1 of veg for accompaniment.
Roast Duck, Black Pudding and Fondant Potatoes step by step
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan..
- Season the Duck well and place on the spinach leaves to cover it..
- Place the lemon slices on top of the spinach and sprinkle over leek evenly..
- Place the bacon over the top, ensuring to cover completely. Place on a roasting tray and cook in the oven for approx. 1h – 1h10mins ( or to your liking).
- For the potatoes; heat the butter in a saucepan until foaming..
- Add the potatoes for 4-5mins or until browned. Flip over and repeat cooking till browned..
- Tip in the garlic and herbs followed by carefully pouring in the chicken stock. Pour in enough to cover 2/3rd's of the potatoes..
- Place a lid over, reduce heat to low and braise for about 25-30mins or until very soft..
- Check the cooking of the duck, 10mins before duck is removed from oven place the black pudding in to cook in the juices..
- Remove the duck to rest for 10-15mins..
- Remove black pudding, put aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, place the roasting pan on the hob and heat..
- Add the flour and cook out collecting juices..
- De-glaze using the red wine, then pour in the chicken stock, reducing to create the gravey..
- serve with chosen veg..
Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to keep away from them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you consume them, may improve your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, you might be amazed to find out, are terrific at battling depression. You must make sure, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try to eat an egg and feel better! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is possible as these foods are rich in magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to improving your mood, can be a superb source of protein. If you would like to defeat depression, try eating some cold water fish. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you battle your depression. Grains can be great for overcoming a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are fantastic at helping you have a happier mood. They help you feel full too which can truly help to improve your mood. Feeling starved can truly bring you down! These grains can elevate your mood because it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is found to be rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know it can help you be happier also! As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try some of these instead!