Native palm oil jollof rice with a twist. I know. it's been a while right? So in this video, we are going to be making a very easy yet a yummylicious palm oil. The Nigerian native Jollof Rice is also known as Iwuk Edesi or Palm oil Rice is a soul food at it's finest – It's hearty, incredibly satisfying and deeply comforting.
On our menu, today, is the popular delicacy, Palm oil rice. This meal is also known as Palm oil jollof rice or Native jollof rice. Palm oil rice is prepared by the different ethnic groups in the country and these ethnic groups have different styles of making it..jollof rice, Palm oil rice, concoction or call it whatever u may is a traditional rice dish that most Nigerians Don't get it twisted, this is different from Party jollof rice. You can have Native palm oil jollof rice with a twist using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Native palm oil jollof rice with a twist
- It’s 4 cups of rice.
- You need 1 cup of palm oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of crayfish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cameroon pepper.
- Prepare 2 sachet of seasoning cubes plus tablespoon of seasoning powder.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of powdered locust beans.
- You need 2 tablespoon of ginger and garlic pasta.
- It’s of Meat.
- It’s of Fish.
- Prepare of Pomo.
- It’s of Biscuit bone.
- It’s 6 pieces of chill and 6 pieces of scotch bonnet.
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- It’s leaves of Scents.
- Prepare of Curry leave.
As this is Native Jollof rice, what better way to serve it than to use a clay pot. Someone asked me on Instagram if Iru can be added to this, and my response was, yes you can, as many Yoruba people who cook this Palm oil rice add Iru, but the Efik's don't. In case you are wondering, the Niger Delta name. Native Jollof Rice, also known as Iwuk Edesi or Palm Oil rice is a rich Jollof rice style rice dish.
Native palm oil jollof rice with a twist step by step
- In a pot add water and allow to boil then add in your rice and pre cook it wash and set aside..
- Cook your meats till tender then fry them, also wash and soak your fish and cook your pomo too, pound your peppers and onions then set them aside..
- Put your pot on fry add boiled water and the water you use in soaking your fish, then add your peppers, red oil, grinded crayfish, ginger and garlic pasta, locust beans, seasoning cubes, butter, your meats, biscuit bone and pomo cover and allow to boil for like 5 to 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes and in your pre cooked rice mix and cover to allow it to cook more, when the water has reduce to half add your soaked fish mix gently and cover..
- Check for your seasoning, at this point the water is almost finished then wash your scent leave and curry leave add it to the rice cover and allow to simmer for few minutes and its done..
- Our palm oil rice is ready.
It's known as Iwuk Idesi by the Efik people of South eastern Nigeria. Iwuk Edesi is quite easy to prepare and is absolutely delicious but unlike Jollof Rice which is prepared with Vegetable oil. Growing up in Nigeria, Palm oil rice was a staple. It was easy to cook without any hassle. It involves the use of palm oil, spicy peppers, cray fish and dry Pour in the meat stock or water just to the level of the rice or a little above.
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that a lot of people appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this busy world we are living in. We must get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Numerous people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a number of necessary changes in your life. When your body ceases to function properly, you can’t get a brand new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local convenience store? Consuming sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they eat. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to find what science has named superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. Eating these superfoods will . When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. Your daily diet should contain at least a few of these super foods. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. Also, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Adopting a green living diet plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.