Crispy Vegetarian Orange "Chicken".
You can have Crispy Vegetarian Orange "Chicken" using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Vegetarian Orange "Chicken"
- It’s of orange glaze.
- You need 2 tsp of white miso paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed).
- You need 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 clove of garlic (finely minced).
- You need 1 tsp of ginger (finely minced, grated or paste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice (optional).
- Prepare of breaded "chicken" (seitan).
- You need 1 lb of seitan (sliced, bite sized pieces).
- You need 2 large of eggs (whisked well).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 cup of vegetable oil (or more for frying).
Crispy Vegetarian Orange "Chicken" instructions
- Mix miso paste with warm water until completely dissolved. Add the orange juice, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well..
- Heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. Sauté until fragrant. Be careful! It'll brown quickly!.
- Add the orange juice & miso mixture to the saucepan. Mix well and bring to a simmer..
- While bringing sauce to a simmer, mix together 1 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp cool water to form a thin mixture. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Simmer until thickened. Cover and set sauce to the side..
- Beat salt and eggs together. Take a few pieces of seitan and dip into the whisked eggs, then dredge in cornstarch. Make sure all of the pieces are coated well. Complete the dredging process on the rest of the seitan..
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large frying pan. Test the hot oil by dropping in a small piece of the seitan. Once the ideal temperature is reached, fry in batches. The size of your batches will depend on the size of your frying pan (I do two using my large dutch oven). Fry until golden brown; 1-2 minutes per side. Place fried seitan on paper towels to drain excess oil..
- Once all the seitan has been fried and drained, place in a large bowl. Drizzle the warm orange glaze over the seitan and toss well. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh scallions..
Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, could better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try eating a couple of eggs to jolly up! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to raise your mood. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given moment. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, in particular, are a great source of protein. Cold water fish are great for eating if you want to combat depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight depression. Grains can be great for driving away a terrible mood. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These grains fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods too. It’s not hard to feel depressed when you are starving! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not difficult to digest. You digest these foods quicker than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise. Green tea is fantastic for moods. You knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while also loosening up the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to become healthy when you drink green tea. And now you are aware that green tea can help improve your mood as well! Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Go with these hints instead!