Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails.
You can have Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails
- It’s 1 lb of Beef Oxtail.
- Prepare 1 can of Butter Beans, drained.
- It’s 3 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Allspice.
- It’s 1 dash of Paprika.
- You need 1 of Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 3 tbsp of Bottle Oxtail Seasoning (OR Oxtail seasoning sub if you don't have ;see last ingredient) *If store bough seasoning is dry seasoning and not paste-like then you will need to add 2 tbls spoon of Browning liquid..
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sweet and sour soy sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cloves of Garlic, chopped (to be placed in marinade container).
- It’s 1 cup of Sweet Peppers, sliced lengthwise (to be placed in marinade container).
- You need 1 large of Onion, peeled and chopped (to be placed alongside meat in marinade container).
- Prepare 1 of Oxtail Seasoning = 2 tblsp browning, 1 tblsp vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1/2 chopped scallion, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 grated ginger, about 4 sprigs of thyme and Blend all together..
- It’s 1 tsp of Meat Tenderizer (Optional).
Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails instructions
- Pour marinade on top of meat and mix together using hands. Don't be afraid to get dirty. You want to make sure the meat is well coated..
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hrs; overnight for best flavor..
- Using a Dutch pot, heat oil of choice (I like coconut oil). Add in a small piece of scotch bonnet/habanero pepper, a few pieces of sliced onion and one chopped clove of garlic and about one cup of HOT water. When water starts to boil, add oxtail (keeping marinade juices and sweet peppers etc. aside)..
- Let cook down (water goes down) while turning oxtail every few minutes. Then add more HOT water to cover oxtail..
- Add sweet peppers and marinade juices to pot. Continue to stir, scraping up the bottom of the pot and stirring to get all of the beefs juices..
- When water goes down again add paprika, allspice, oregano, and a teaspoon of parsley. Cover Oxtails again with HOT water..
- Continue to stir oxtail and turn heat on low. Add in a whole scotch bonnet pepper (remove before serving or omit altogether if going easy on spiciness). Cover pot..
- Continue to check pot every few minutes continuing to add enough water to cover whenever water becomes low. Let oxtail cook for about another 1 1/2 hrs, continuing to add water as necessary and adding seasoning salt to taste..
- Add carrots to pot and cook for another 20 mins. (Carrots should be soft when Oxtails are done, but not dissolved in the water).
- Add drained butter beans and cook for another 20 mins letting water simmer down enough for gravy..
- Oxtails are done when the meat is nice and tender. If meat isn't tender, keep heat on low and continue to cook until tender..
- Turn off stove. Serve with sweet plantains, rice and peas, salad or whatever your preference. Enjoy!.
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous folks appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some needed alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You need to learn how to look after it before it is too late. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? As most people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, likely induced by the foods that are consumed. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food section in just about all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay certain diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. In this case, the immune system can fight off any illness. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Also, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living diet plan will provide you with precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.