Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken.
You can have Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken
- It’s 10-12 of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, about 1/4" deep, 2 inches long, and about an inch apart.
- It’s of For the marinade:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of lime or lemon juice.
- You need 5 Tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of dried thyme.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of ground allspice.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of up to 8 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chilies.
- Prepare 5 of green onions, cut into 2-inch segments.
- It’s 2 of shallots, coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 of one-inch piece ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of liquid smoke.
Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken instructions
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. If you want to make extra dipping sauce, reserve 2/3 cup of marinade and set aside..
- With cooking gloves on (because of the habaneros), put chicken in a large mixing bowl or other container and pour the remainder of the marinade over it, mixing it gently but thoroughly to evenly season each piece. A gallon Ziploc type bag is great for even marinating – specially if you lay all the meat in a single layer, suction all the air out of it, and lay it on its side in the fridge. Even then, you may wish to flip the bag halfway through the marinating time just to make sure..
- Let chicken marinate for at least 6 and up to 24 hours..
- An hour before cooking, take the chicken out of the fridge and lay it in a single layer on either a sturdy sheet pan (not cookie sheet) with a grill rack over it (my preferred method) or on a broiler pan with slats, skin side up, and let it come up to room temp. I mention this often, but bringing your protein up to room temp results in a better outer sear, which results in more internal juiciness..
- 20 mins before cooking, preheat your oven to 450F. Put the chicken on the center rack of the oven & roast for 45 to 55 mins, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. The chickens I use are usually about 4 pounds, & their drums and thighs aren't all that big, so 45 mins was plenty for me. If you buy drums & thighs in your typical supermarket pre-pack, it's likely that your chicken is bigger and will require somewhere between 50 to 55 minutes..
- IF YOU'RE MAKING THE DIPPING SAUCE… Preheat a small sauce pan to medium with a half Tbsp of oil in it, pour in the reserved marinade, bring to a gentle boil for 1 minute, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for another 3 or 4 minutes. Because that marinade hasn't touched chicken, technically you don't have to cook it for food safety purposes, but the caramelization and concentration of flavors that happens when you do this deepens and rounds out the sauce..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the strongest reasons for green living is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we live in. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Alas, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. Once your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body cannot work properly if it doesn’t receive proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you go for healthy foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to slow down or reverse some diseases. Eating these foods will help your mental health. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. As a result, the immune system can fight off any illness. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not add a few beans or blueberries? Then, add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Be sure to consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight problems. You will enjoy great health once you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.