Robin's Chana Saag.
You can have Robin's Chana Saag using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Robin's Chana Saag
- Prepare 2.5 bags (9 oz) of each) spinach (or use mustard greens).
- Prepare 1 can (16 ounce) of chick peas.
- Prepare 4 of ripe Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of small red onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 of stems green onions.
- Prepare 2.5 Tbsp of canola oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ginger (minced).
- Prepare 8-10 of coriander seeds (or 1 tsp of ground coriander).
- It’s 8-10 of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry masala (or garam masala).
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds (optional).
- You need 1 of small red chili (or use 2 drops Aldi's Carolina Reaper paste).
- Prepare Half of bunch cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
Robin's Chana Saag instructions
- Heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the coriander seed, cumin seed, fenugreek seed, mustard seed (if using), and the red chili..
- Once the seeds start to spatter (be careful to not let it burn- lower the heat, if needed), add the onions and cook until the onions are translucent (about 5-7 mins on medium heat).
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir and let cook for about a minute..
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach starts to wilt. Add the turmeric, salt, ground cumin, and curry masala (substitute with garam masala, if you don't have the curry masala). Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and release juice..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes..
- In the meantime, coat a small pan with some oil and add the chick peas to the pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ground cumin and some salt. Fry the chick peas for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- While the chickpeas are frying, transfer the spinach-tomato mixture into a blender. Add the butter and blend it until smooth. Add more spicy chili or hot sauce if you like it spicy..
- Transfer the blended sauce to the pan and heat to warm. Add green onions and cilantro. After the chickpeas are done, transfer the chickpeas to the sauce and stir to mix well. Serve over rice..
Living Greener for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that most individuals appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We need to get back to where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to treat your health problems. In reality, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working properly, you won’t be able to get yourself a brand new body. You should look after yourself while you can. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As most people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they ingest. Men and women are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to retard a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system can fight off any disease. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.