Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum).
You can cook Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum) using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum)
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 100 g of Minced Pork.
- You need 150 g of Shrimp.
- It’s 2 of Shiitake Mushroom.
- Prepare 1 of TBPS Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 of TPS Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 of TPS Shaoxin Wone.
- It’s 1/2 of TPS Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of TPS Minced Ginger.
- It’s of Wrap.
- Prepare 1 of PCK Wonton Skin.
Cantonese Siumai (Steamed spork, Mushroom & Shrimp Dim Sum) step by step
- Soak shrimps in salt water for 5 minutes, drain, dry, rough chop & set aside.
- Rehydrate, rough chop shiitake mushroom & set aside.
- Minced ginger.
- Add all fillings into processor and blend it until it becomes pasty (EXCEPT Shrimps & Shiitake).
- Add in shrimp & mushroom and blend it roughly. (Do not blend it too much to retain texture and bite).
- Add 2 TBPS of filling on the middle of the skin.
- Moisten the edge of skin with clean water using your index finger.
- Gather the corners, make an “ok” sign with your thumb & index finger 👌🏽.
- Put dumpling on your “ok” sign and gently tap it through.
- Based on your own judgement, tidy any messy bits of skin.
- You may use a metal steamer, wok or bamboo steamer (instruction is based on the bamboo steamer).
- Line steamer with a piece of parchment paper.
- Put Siumai in (Do not overcrowd).
- Add about 2 inches of water into a wok to boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, put bamboo steamer in, cover and cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is very true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. When you feel a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you combat depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you improve your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–work better. Try eating some eggs to jolly up! Put together some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Nuts, in addition to bettering your mood, can be a super protein source. If you want to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood. Grains can be wonderful for driving away a bad mood. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all great for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can be terrible! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well! As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.