Steamed Mussels in White Wine.
You can have Steamed Mussels in White Wine using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Mussels in White Wine
- You need 2 lb of mussels, scrubbed & debearded.
- You need 3 tbs. of virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of butter, unsalted.
- You need 1/2 cup of white onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno (green or red), finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It’s Dash of salt / pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- You need 3 of scallions (green onions), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of Toasted garlic bread.
Steamed Mussels in White Wine instructions
- Storing Mussels: rinse mussels in netted bag with water and then refrigerate on a small plate until ready to prepare that day. You can place in freezer periodically for 20 minutes to really chill..
- Preparing Mussels: cut open netted bag and place mussels in a colander. Remove any "beards" with your fingers, scrub ones that may be dirty, and discard ones that aren't tightly shut..
- Place colander in a large bowl and fill with water. Soak for 20 minutes in refrigerator, then drain..
- Tip: After preparing and chopping veggies, prepare the garlic toasted bread..
- In a big sauté pan, 12-14” with lid (or a large pot), heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and shallots, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir a bit..
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine, thyme, and dash of salt & pepper. Slightly stir..
- Bring this up to a boil, add the mussels, cover, and give the pan (pot) a shake or two. Reduce to medium-high heat and steam for about 4-5 minutes. Then check to see if most, if not all, of the mussels are opened..
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, and a bit of white wine to the pan and cover. Shake the pan and turn off heat. Let steam for another 1-2 minutes..
- Before pouring the mussels and the broth into the bowl(s), discard any unopened ones. Serve hot with a sprinkling of parsley and don't forget the toasted bread..
- Ah, one of the best parts of the meal!.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that a lot of folks appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of people think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You must take care of yourself while you can do so. Your body requires proper nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? Eating sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Nowadays, you can find an organic food aisle in almost all grocery stores. This food section is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. You will discover that you think more clearly when you start to eat these foods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function well. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will provide you with precisely what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.