Thai Basil Fried Rice. From Fine-Dining to Fast Food, Doordash® Delivers Your Favorite Restaurants. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order, Order from Your Favorite Restaurants Today! Find Deals on Thai Fried Rice in Groceries on Amazon.
Add more soy, oyster, or fish sauce, if necessary (or to taste). When everything is blended together and rice is hot, remove from heat and stir in the basil. This is a staple of Thai cooking. You can cook Thai Basil Fried Rice using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Fried Rice
- It’s 4 cups of cooked short grain rice cooled.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauve.
- You need 1 tablespoon of regular soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sake or Chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas (frozen).
- It’s 3 of scallions sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh Thai basil chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
Adjust the spices to your own tastes for a really great use for leftover rice!! Thai basil has a different flavor than that of regular basil and makes all the difference in this recipe. It is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring. Fried rice originated in China as a way to use up leftover cooked rice.
Thai Basil Fried Rice step by step
- Heat oil in wok or large pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Add rice and heat until the large chunks easily break apart.
- Add soy sauces, mirin, sake/wine, and sesame oil and mix.
- Stir fry for about five minutes to allow the rice to become crispy.
- Add frozen peas, Thai basil, and 1/2 of the scallions.
- Once peas defrost, remove from wok.
- Rinse wok to remove any remaining rice. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat..
- Crack eggs into bowl and add fish sauce. Scramble with fork..
- Add eggs to wok and constantly stir until eggs are cooked through. Mix eggs into the rice.
- To serve, portion rice into bowls and top with remaining scallions. Enjoy!.
Wherever fried rice is prepared in Asia, local cooks add regional ingredients and seasonings. This means Thai cooks mix in garlic, chili and basil with delicious results. So my Thai basil fried rice had to be with shrimp, but you can use any protein you prefer, it will all work! Pound garlic and thai cili together in a mortar and pestle. This way the natural oil form chili and garlic will be release and will make the fried rice more fragrance.
Foods That Make You Happy In general, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and should be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nutritious and good for you. Several foods honestly do boost your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at beating back depression. Just be sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you improve your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–function better. Consume an egg and cheer up! Make a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a super protein source. Cold water fish are good if you are wanting to feel better. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood. Grains can be great for driving away a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are great at helping you be happier. They can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. Feeling starved can truly make you feel terrible! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are easy for your body to digest. You digest them faster than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise. Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you feel better. Now you are aware that it helps you to raise your moods too! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!