Thai Basil Beef. Restaurants Are Still Operating, So Have Your Meal Delivered Safely and Securely. No Delivery Fees on Your First Order, Order from Your Favorite Restaurants Today! Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow) Thai Basil Beef, or Pad Gra Prow, is an easy, delicious dish of stir-fried beef and thai basil.
Stir in the bell pepper and stir-fry for about a minute. Add the reserved sauce to the wok and combine the ingredients. Thai Basil Beef is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and absolutely bursting with flavor! You can cook Thai Basil Beef using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Beef
- You need of Jasmine Lemongrass Rice:.
- You need 1 C. of Jasmine rice.
- You need 1 C. of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 C. of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 C. of Fresh lemongrass.
- Prepare of Thai Basil Beef:.
- It’s 2 of Carrots, cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 4 of Baby bell peppers, sliced.
- You need 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Honey.
- It’s 1 of Lime, juiced.
- It’s 1 of Lime, wedged.
- Prepare 4 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Fresh ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground hamburger.
- It’s 1/3 C. of & 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided.
- You need 1/3 C. of Sweet thai chili sauce.
- It’s 2 C. of Fresh basil, chopped.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame seeds for serving.
- It’s of Chopped roasted peanuts for serving.
- Prepare of Butter leaf lettuce for serving.
This easy dinner recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love. The king of street food in Thailand is called Phat kaphroa, and it's made with your choice of meet (pork, chicken, beef, or seafood), stir fried with Thai holy basil and garlic, and served with rice and a fried egg. It has MANY names including: Pad Kra Pao, Pad Ka Prao, Pad Ka Pow, Pad Krapow, and Pad gaprao. Basil—using Thai holy basil (if you're lucky enough to find it) makes this spicy beef stir-fry worthy of the name "phat ka-phrao" which means "holy basil stir-fry".
Thai Basil Beef step by step
- To make the rice add coconut milk and water to medium size pot. Bring to a low boil and then add the rice, Sesame oil, and lemongrass. Stir to combine and then place lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low. After w0 minutes take the rice off the heat and then let sit, covered for 15-20 minutes. Do not open lid during this time..
- After 15-20 minutes remove lid and fluff with a fork and stir in chopped peanuts if desired..
- While the rice is cooking make the beef mixture. Add the carrots, peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and 2 Tbsp Soy sauce to a medium bowl. Combine and set aside..
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok. Add the oil and once hot add the garlic and ginger. Cook 15-30 seconds and then add the beef..
- Add pepper and cook until browned. And 1/3 C. Soy sauce, 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and 1 C. fresh Basil..
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 min. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1C. fresh Basil..
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add thepepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add the pepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
If you can't find Thai holy basil (it can be hard to track down) just use sweet basil. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook, breaking up with a. Heat wok with oil, add garlic and chiles. Add remaining sauce: oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and white pepper. Thai Beef with Basil Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this stir-fry, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor.
Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food Many of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we have to keep away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you fight depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the yolk. Every time you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you boost your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Eat an egg and be happy! Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is called the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a great source of protein. If you wish to fight depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression. It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all great for helping you feel happier. These foods fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods as well. Feeling starved can be terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. You digest them quicker than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that it helps you to elevate your moods as well! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these hints instead.