AMIEs Perfect CARAMEL Cake. The caramel icing turned out perfect. I didn't change anything in the icing. Here is how you achieve it.
There are some restaurant dishes that are so good, you simply have to try making them at home for yourself. A bit of backstory: We love this little seafood restaurant in Hilton Head called Charlie's. The perfect caramel cake has to start with perfect yellow cake layers, which is not easy to come by. You can have AMIEs Perfect CARAMEL Cake using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Perfect CARAMEL Cake
- It’s 1 of amies vanilla or orange chiffon cake or any yellow cake.
- Prepare of caramel icing.
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of full cream milk, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of sifted sugar, divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of boiling water.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter, softened.
The yellow cake layers used here are melt in your mouth mmmmmmmmmoist, super tender with a very fine crumb. To the naked eye, it might appear dense, but once it touches the tongue, it's OMG so FLUFFY! This caramel drip cake makes the perfect salted caramel cake! It made with vanilla cake layers, salted caramel frosting and is decorated with caramel drips.
AMIEs Perfect CARAMEL Cake instructions
- Use my vanilla or orange chiffon cake (or any yellow cake you want) as base of the cake. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348510-amies-orange-chiffon-cake https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335767-amies-vanilla-chiffon-cake.
- For the CARAMEL Icing: In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the sugar, 1/2 cup of cream milk and cornstarch together, mixing well to combine. Set aside. Caramelize the remaining 3/4 of sugar over low heat until becomes light golden brown. Gently add the boiling water and bring back to a boil, stirring well until the caramel is well blended in water. Add the remaining full cream milk and heat mixture. Pour a little of the caramel/milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture to temper the eggs, mixing well until smooth. Add this back into the remaining caramel mixture. Stir well until icing becomes thick and spreadable consistency. Remove from the fire and mix the butter and vanilla, stir well..
- Let it cool then spread it all over the cake, sides and top of the cake. Chill until ready to serve. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving..
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. This caramel cake recipe is perfect for the holidays. Make this caramel cake for special occasions and holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or a family reunion. This cake is made with love and should be shared with those very. Grandma would never consider using a microwave for her caramels, and she was known across the county for how perfect hers were every time!
Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to stay away from them. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that, when you eat them, could improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, would you believe, are great for helping you combat depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk especially, are rich in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for raising your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a great source of protein. Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you want to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly elevate your mood. Some grains are really excellent for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping increase your happiness levels. They can help you feel full for longer as well, helping you feel better. Feeling hungry can be awful! These grains can improve your mood since it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood. Green tea is fantastic for moods. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is packed full of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You knew green tea could help you be so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also! So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these tips instead!