Banana Caramel Butter Muffins. Directions In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
In a mixing bowl/mixer, combine mashed bananas,. Banana Caramel Muffins are a delicious twist on the classic banana muffin. Sweet, slightly smoky with little bit of salty thrown in, they are a wonderful combination of flavors.. You can cook Banana Caramel Butter Muffins using 16 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Caramel Butter Muffins
- Prepare of muffin batter:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 of slightly over ripe bananas.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need of caramel center.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of caramel sudae topping (more or less as needed).
- It’s of caramel butter topping:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of room temp caramel sundae topping (heaping).
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
Combine the butter and caramel together with an electric mixer until fully incorporated. Add in the bananas and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Optional: coarsely ground sugar (such as raw sugar, or turbinado sugar) DIRECTIONS. These Banana Caramel Muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack time or dessert!
Banana Caramel Butter Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 18 regular sized muffin/cupcake cups with baking spray or paper liners..
- Lightly spray top of pan with baking spray to help prevent caramel from sticking..
- CARAMEL BUTTER TOPPING:.
- Mix well caramel and butter until smooth. Set aside..
- MUFFIN BATTER:.
- In a large bowl wisk together all dry ingredients except sugar..
- In another bowl mash bananas, then sprinkle with sugar. Stir well..
- Wisk in all wet ingredients into mashed banana mix..
- Add wet to dry and stir until just incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Fill muffin cups to 1/4 full with muffin batter..
- Spoon about a half teaspoon of the caramel sundae topping (not the butter mix one) into the center of each cup..
- Then fill muffin cups to 3/4 full with batter..
- Make a small dimple in center of each (may be hard cuz batter is thicker and sticky).
- Spoon about 1/2 tsp. Of the caramel butter topping mix in center of each where u put the dimple..
- Its ok if u don't get it exact as it will melt during baking and run to the side. It may over spill as the muffin rises. (Which is ok, u can spoon it over directly when it comes out of oven) (if needed).
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Immedietly remove muffins from pan and transfer to wire rack for cooling. (They will be super hot! And the caramel will stick to u and burn you so remove carefully) ( I used a butter knife to pop them out and then transferred. Its easier).
- Serve warm or cooled and enjoy!.
- Makes 18 regular sized muffins..
Soft and loaded with bananas with a caramel drizzle on top. Sometimes you just need a muffin. That should be a bumper sticker or something, I think. These Banana Caramel Muffins have a predominant Banana taste with the sweetness of the caramel. I add a few sprinkles of Heath Bar pieces on top so they melt and create a beautiful crust.
How to Elevate Your Mood with Food In general, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you fight depression. You should see to it, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you elevate your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Try consuming some eggs to cheer up! Make a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to boost your mood. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more serotonin you have, the better you are going to feel. Nuts, along with raising your mood, can be a super source of protein. Cold water fish are good if you would like to be in a better mood. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. DHA and omega-3s are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood. It’s easy to fight your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. These foods fill you up better and that can help improve your moods too. Feeling hungry can be a real downer! These grains can elevate your mood since it’s easy for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is really excellent for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea is packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood also! So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!