Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. Core the apple using The Corer™. Starting at the edges of the pan, carefully arrange the apple slices, slightly overlapping, in the bottom of the pan. In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix and applesauce until blended.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; add to the butter mixture, and mix just until blended. Stir in the walnuts, if desired. This one technically has more than two ingredients, but just barely. You can cook Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- It’s 1 box of Spiced Cake Mix.
- You need 2 medium of to Large Apples.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweetened Milk.
- It’s 1 tub of Whipped Topping.
- You need of Salted Caramel.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of Salted Butter, Cut into Chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
All you need are apples, applesauce, and spice cake mix (and if you want to be extra fancy with it, you need two more things to make the simply-divine salted caramel sauce). I first saw this recipe around August, just after I got pregnant, and I've been craving it ever since. Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Sauce is the perfect fall dessert. Seasonal apples, cinnamon applesauce, spiced rum, and an addicting caramel sauce are the featured ingredients in this delicious fall cake.
Apple Spice Cake with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce instructions
- Preheat the oven to the box directions. Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Coring and slicing the apples, mixing them in with the cake mix. Bake until knife comes out clean..
- While the cake is cooking, prepare the Caramel sauce. In a saucepan, pour 1 cup of sugar on MEDIUM heat until it is completely melted. It will start to brown, make sure you continue to stir so it doesn't burn..
- Put in the cut up chunks of butter, CAREFUL — the butter makes the mixture very bubbly. Once the butter is completely melted, slowly pour in the heavy cream, it will start to rise. Allow it to boil for 1 minute..
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Set aside..
- Once the cake comes out, poke holes in it, and pour the entire can of Sweetened milk over the cake. Pour the caramel over the cake, (leaving a little to drizzle over the top — optional) using a rubber spatula, push the caramel and milk around the top of the cake, making sure its completely covered..
- Once the cake is COMPLETELY cooled down, top it with the whipped topping, drizzling the remainder of the caramel on top. Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!.
So amazing and simple to make too! Are you more of an apple or pumpkin fan when it comes to fall baking? Spread it evenly over the bottom and up the sides. Arrange the sliced apples on top of the caramel. Then, spread the cake batter evenly on top of the apples.
Foods That Make You Happy Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that really can boost your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try a couple of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be really wonderful at fighting back depression. Just see to it that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping elevate your mood. Eggs, specifically the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you improve your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Eat a few eggs to feel better! Put together a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all great for raising your mood. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more of this chemical in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a super protein source. Cold water fish are great for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression. It’s not hard to fight your bad mood when you are eating grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you feel better. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods too. It’s not difficult to feel a little bit off when you feel famished! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You were sure it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you become better. Now you are aware that it helps you to elevate your moods too! You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.