Caramel pudding (steam method). Bake or steam the pudding according to one of the methods below. The pudding is ready if a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean. Make sure that the water doesn't cover the ramekins; if it does, pour some water out.
It's an easy and versatile dessert which can be a crowd-pleaser at any party or get together. Kids will love this as adults. Caramel custard (pudding) is the Indian name of flan or creme caramel or caramel leche. You can cook Caramel pudding (steam method) using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel pudding (steam method)
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 1.5 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 8 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 5 tsp of sugar for caramel.
It is also called caramel egg pudding in India. It's made by coating the bottom of a dish with caramel, pouring custard on top followed by baking or steaming. After demoulding the caramel sauce comes on top. Caramel custard pudding/ Caramel custard flan is a delicious wiggly jiggly dessert consisting of soft custard topped with caramel that is usually made in oven.
Caramel pudding (steam method) instructions
- Blend eggs, sugar and milk together in a blender..
- Take a big vessel and take little water just till a few centimetres above the bottom. Boil it properly..
- Take another flat bottom vessel that can easily fit inside the bigger vessel..
- Hold that vessel on a medium flame with a holder and heat the bottom. Add 5 tsp sugar till it melts and starts changing colour to brown..
- During the process keep rotating the vessel so that the caramelised sugar spreads evenly at the bottom of the vessel..
- Pour the mixture of milk, eggs and sugar to it. Place the vessel directly inside the larger vessel in which the water is boiling..
- Cover the lid of the smaller vessel and then cover the lid of the larger vessel..
- Keep the flame on medium to high and let it steam for 20 mins..
- After 20-25 mins switch off the flame and open the lid. Take the vessel out of the larger vessel and let it cool down a bit or use mittens to flip the vessel on a plate (do it by placing the plate on the top of the vessel in which pudding has been cooked and just turn it upside down so that the entire pudding comes out at once without breaking).
To make it more easy for everyone I thought to try this pudding recipe in stove top method or steamed version using idli steamer that is usually available in most of the Indian kitchen. Remove from heat; carefully pour in the water all at once (mixture will boil). Caramel Pudding Hello Friends, Today, I am sharing with you all my mom's recipe for Caramel Pudding. I remember when I was little, and whenever my mom use to make this recipe, I just used to go and check the refrigerator every now and then just to see if the pudding was set, so I could eat it. Pour into the prepared caramel coated pan, lightly cover it, and it is ready to be steamed.
Information on How to Boost Your Mood with Food Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be really nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, could improve your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually wonderful at dealing with depression. Just see to it that you don’t toss out the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you improve your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Eat some eggs to feel better! Put together a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which promotes your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source. If you would like to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you fight your depression. It’s not difficult to fight your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually great for helping boost your happiness levels. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid called L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can essentially stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you be better. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood also! So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these instead!