Chili Garlic Prawns (Mild Spicy Gambas).
You can have Chili Garlic Prawns (Mild Spicy Gambas) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Garlic Prawns (Mild Spicy Gambas)
- Prepare 6 pieces (290 grams) of Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of bulb (45 grams) Garlic.
- You need 5 pieces (8 grams) of Red Chili.
- You need 5 grams of Annatto Seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Butter.
Chili Garlic Prawns (Mild Spicy Gambas) step by step
- Smash the garlic to peel off the skin easily and chop it finely. Set aside..
- Remove the stem of the red chili and chop it finely. Set aside. (Make sure to wash your hand with soap and water after handling the chili.).
- Prepare the prawns. Hold the prawn and gently pull the head off. Set it aside as we are going to use it later. Peel away the shell and legs in segments, keeping the tail on. Take the top of a knife and make a vertical incision at the back of the prawn. This will expose the vein that runs through the prawn's back. Remove the vein. Lay the prawn on the cutting board. Cut the tip of the tail and scrape the tail. Then make small cuts in the prawn's abdomen. Set aside..
- Prepare the annatto infused oil. Heat the pan and add the cooking oil. Add the annatto seeds, stir to color the oil and bring to boil. When it boils, take the pan off the stove to avoid the seeds from burning and strain it. Set aside the oil and discard the seeds..
- Heat the same pan in high heat and add the annatto-infused oil. Add in the chopped garlic and red chili and sauté. Turn down the heat and then add the head of the prawns. Mix and continue cooking until it turns orange in color. Squeeze the head with a spatula to release the fat. The fat will give this recipe additional savory flavor. Remove and discard the head; leaving the cooked garlic and red chili..
- Add the butter in the pan and mix well to melt. Add in the prepared prawns and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to coat the prawns with the sauce by turning it on all sides. Turn up the heat to high and cook the prawns evenly..
- You'll know it's cooked when the back incisions are fully exposed, it has turned into white/orange color and its form has curled up. Then, it's ready to serve. ©homebasedchef.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this hectic world we live in. We have to get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. The majority of men and women think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to treat your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to have adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is healthy for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Lots of good food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Majority of grocery stores these days sell organic foods. In this section of the store, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to retard certain diseases, or even reverse them. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how much better you feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you give it the proper nutrition. In this case, the immune system can fight off any health condition. Your daily diet should include at least several of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. In addition, you should have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Green living provides you with a healthy eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.